Amazon cancels NYC headquarters because of political opposition

Picky picky :stuck_out_tongue:

Rush? Breitbart?

Doesnā€™t matter. Republicans have been told that AOC forced Amazon out of New York.

Thatā€™s the story being told.

He must have heard that on Rush, thus why its being parroted here.

Iā€™m of the belief they never wanted to build a new hq anywhere.

They were just head faking Seattle after they tried the stupid Amazon Tax.

Queens: The Borough of the Dead and Those That Wish They Were.

Yeahā€¦some of us are to stupid to think for ourselves. Right libs?

lol - No, pleaseā€¦ Just make stuff up, thatā€™s fine.

What does AOC have to do with this?

I have mixed feelings about this story. On one hand there is no doubt that Amazon would have pumped a lot of money into the local economy but on the other hand they were wanting billions in subsidies. One of the reasons why Amazon has become a behemoth is because of its ability to successfully mitigate its tax liabilities everywhere it does business. Plus I have some friends who work for Amazon and they work in some of the most dire conditions you could expect in the United States today.

So its nice to see someone finally stand up to Amazon but I also feel for the people who would have benefited.

Now this is going to confuse Trump supporters, their knee jerk reaction is to always come down on the side of big business and tell us how us peons should be grateful for the scraps that big business throws us but on the flip side their Lord God Trump hates Amazon and Bezos with a passion.

So what do they do? Support Amazon in this or support Trump. I am sure they will wait to be told by Hannity or Rush how to think.

Who here knows anything specifically about the site and the neighborhood where Amazon was supposed to build?

If you did you would realize that it was primed to be a disaster.

Didnā€™t say anyone was stupid. Can you point out where I called anyone stupid?

Define high paying jobs.

$150,000 average. This was one of the tech hubs not a warehouse.

The jobs werenā€™t the problem. Try to keep up.

The problem is the far left that has infested the Democratic Party. There is just a handful of commie leftist politicians that are agreeing with what happened with Amazon, and thinks running away 25,000+ jobs from the third biggest company in America, which every other city begged and pleaded to bring their jobs to there city was somehow a good idea.

The problem is that there was apprehension to a deal where one of the most valuable companies in the world gets billions in kickbacks in a section of the city that has a real infrastructure problem. People took objection to Amazonā€™s labor practices and refusal to unionizeā€¦ a very real issue happening on Staten Island right now. Basically giving a company worth billions of dollars city property to build uponā€¦ the list goes on.

People rightfully questioned the wisdom of the deal and Amazon took itā€™s ball and went away.

That shows that Amazon was not willing to be a honest partner in the building of the city.

NYC will be fine. Google is doing a billion dollar expansion and they are doing it without government goodies.

Would you put up your billions in a political atmosphere that says once you are stuck there you are going to be under continual political pressure by extremists groups?
AOC is still learning. She should have said nothing until they moved in and then hit them up for ā€œdonationsā€ under political threat.

Well, there are many people in Seattle who will tell you that they preferred life before it became one of the most expensive housing markets in the country.

Donā€™t get me wrong - Amazon is one of two individual assets in my portfolio, so I have a vested interest in the companyā€™s success - their success = happy Mwevans.

But Long Island City is not starved for jobs, and adding 25k engineering and PM jobs in that already rapidly overcrowding and rent-increasing area would have been tough for many current residents.

I was actually flying into LGA today and trying to picture where HQ2 was going to sit. Landed, checked news, and turns out itā€™s nowhere!

didnt say she did

funny how her opinion means nothing now

one day star, making republicans fear

next day she has 0 influence

cuomo said that. read some news

not msnbc