Amazon cancels NYC headquarters because of political opposition

Amazon was going to move one of two second headquarters to NYC which would have added 25,000 high paying jobs. It was met with opposition by many politicians in NYC.

Far left loon Cortez praised the news today that NYC will not be receiving the 25000 new jobs as well as other companies who would move into the Long Island area to boost the economy, but governer Cuomo released the following statement.

“A small group of politicians put their own narrow political interests above their community which poll after poll showed overwhelmingly supported bringing Amazon to Long Island City the state’s economic future and the best interests of the people of this state," Cuomo said.

“The New York State Senate has done tremendous damage. They should be held accountable for this lost economic opportunity.”

I didn’t know there were actually this many politicians to the left of Cuomo, wow.

are AOC lovers proud she and her anti-prosperity polices cost NY tens of thousands of jobs?

i am curious.

can’t wait to see how the new DU responds

Lib fight. :rofl:

2 Likes

They’re proud of their little princess. She’s going to be their Queen someday.

3 Likes

how does a junior congresswoman have anything to do with this?

i hope she cuts another dance video over her helping prevent 25000 people from having jobs

how did she kill this deal, she isn’t a politician in NY, she has zero effect or sway in NY house.

This is the person that I have heard many on the left bragging about her economics degree. 234 cities were competing for their city to get Amazon.

Dang even Cuomo ripping the far left politicians in NYC, imagine to the left of Cuomo what is that even “Fidel Castro”?

1 Like

The OP missed a quote from the article.

she led opposition to it

they went elsewhere because of it

anything else msnbc not telling you?

2 Likes

Oh they will love her while she brings them death and destruction.

1 Like

how did she lead opposition of it? she isn’t a member of the NY Congress.

she led oppoisition to it by…< grab hold >

opposing it

Prevented up to 25000 (likely many more) people currently living there from being priced out of their neighborhood which is doing just fine without Amazon.

thats why she was elected!

1 Like

so Amazon isn’t building their HQ because she said something mean on twitter?

yeah i know nothing worse for a neighborhood than jobs

i mean, a crowded subway!

thanks heavens she saved the people from that horror

Well if you actually think about it for a minute or two you might realize they might not be the best thing. Don’t hurt yourself thought.

oh i see the problem here…

you didnt read, or remember, or ignored amazon’s statement

umkay