Amazon cancels NYC headquarters because of political opposition

Levin wasn’t happy with the one in Virginia.

1 Like

The incentives were for 10 years, all major companies do this as if Amazon wasn’t going to be there after 10 years. Cuomo is calling it a major blunder and saying that the democrats who opposed it should be held accountable. Is Cuomo a populist?

1 Like

Yes. Very much so.

and no conservative in Texas wanted them for the reasons we see playing out.

I see princess worshipers are out in full force.

2 Likes

are you in the correct thread?

Let’s flip the script axxo, you want them in your town? You willing to pay up for all that?

56% wanted Amazon, 36% didn’t.

1 Like

I don’t even understand why this would be a thing here. It’s like yall are trying to laugh at Queens for getting out of this deal but none of you would take it.

I never heard that one before but you could be right, I would definitely consider Cortez a populist.

That’s a statewide poll. Not a poll of the people who would have had Amazon in their laps.

This one?

…and I thought we were supposed to be mad at amazon, but now we’re laughing at queens for losing the jewel that is Amazon?

This threads not making much sense yall.

And that one is from over 2 months ago.

Has her district been polled on this? If it has, what were the results? If the results show a majority in opposition to the deal, then how were these her own interests as opposed to the interests of her district?

Im not talking about New Yorkers as a whole. I’m talking about the people who live in Amazon’s proposed backyard.

Gee, maybe the trillion dollar company didn’t need billions in tax breaks.

3 Likes

I love amazon. I’m fully into their whole ecosystem. I wish they were also my power company and water supplier. I shop at wholefoods with my prime card while bopping around to my amazon unlimited stream and when I get home and realize forget something I use prime now to get it to me in 2 hours.

but they are acting like the Belle of the ball and ramping up hype and playing on local economic anxiety and promises of piles of gold to grease themselves a good deal. We all should be smart enough to see through it. They can buy some land, build a building without plundering the treasury of the area they choose. You can’t really blame them for trying, but we can certainly blame the suckers that are willing to buy jobs from them.

1 Like

There’s a guy on the Howard Stern show who had bought an apartment right in that hood a year or two ago. He was looking at massive gains, already turned down a potential sale.

This sucks for that guy. It will make hilarious radio, but it sucks to get spun up in a speculative thing like that and have it collapse. So there certainly are locals who are hurt by this not happening. If I were them, I’d be blaming Amazon for the whole roller coaster.

She has no jurisdiction or clout over this.

Her opinion has/had nothing to do with the decision.