Alcohol Detection Systems Will Now Be Mandatory In All New Vehicles

this is so american, right?

I spent some time in Europe and Scandinavia, and the attitude toward drinking and driving is just so totally different. There was ALWAYS a designated driver, no big deal, people easily limited their intake to ensure they were safe to drive…

In America to keep people from plowing into each other drunk, we need to invent brand new tech and write things into law…

I know some harrowing stories about people hit by drunks, so on a personal level, I applaud anything to limit those deaths, but this seems kind of extreme…have to think about it some more.

Look more stuff you are forced to buy so friends of elected dems can get rich.

3 Likes

You can just use a can of air to fool it obviously. This is about dems getting donations.

Guilty until proven innocent by a machine…

4 Likes

You caught us.

1 Like

Trust us. We know what’s good for you.

3 Likes

Don’t worry. They’re experts. Technology never malfunctions.

It’s only going to completely control your ability to drive.

It is just another surveillance device that you have to pay for.

2 Likes

Not only shut down but call the cops to.

Daddy government will take care of us all

3 Likes

Not you, the corrupt leadership dem voters enable.

Just another thing the working poor won’t be able to afford to repair cheaply so the dems leadership can get rich. It there any freedom you don’t want the govt to take away besides killing the unborn?

1 Like

Is this before or after they mandate smoke detectors and fire extinguishers for Chevy Volts?

4 Likes

Should this apply to E-bikes?

1 Like

Does it apply to autonomous vehicles?

1 Like

and notice like Obama care they did not talk about it during the election. But then, when you steal elections who cares about informing the public, right?

3 Likes

Maybe the sensor is in the drivers seat. :wink:

Which poses the question, does it compensate for driving with the windows down? How about convertibles?

Not a dime. The truck I drive now is the last vehicle I will own. One of the few benefits of aging. :wink:

2 Likes

Well, as long as you drink with your head out the window, I don’t see a problem with that. :wink:

1 Like