Ahmaud Arbery Case

This…

2 Likes

Jury is in deliberation. Everybody calm down. lol

Libs are always so confused. :rofl:

2 Likes

They didn’t observe him trespassing, they saw him running nearby, and speculated that he trespassed.

He was not directly observed by the perps in this case.

Allan

Must have since the officer in question was cleared.

Allan

I didn’t say they were the judge and jury. Even when a cop arrests you, they are speculating that you have committed a crime. It is a judge and jury that decide that… not the arresting official. That’s why “arrest” is a different phase of the law enforcement process.

I think they should have just taken a picture and then presented it to the authorities along with the videos of him trespassing. The shotgun was worse than stupid and the slackjawed ass who then pulled the trigger in the fight is guilty of some crime. But it was not premeditated murder. And the stopping of the guy is apparently allowed in that state.

1 Like

Georgia’s citizens arrest law requires a felony to have been committed.

Trespassing is a misdemeanor in Georgia.

But here we go with at least a couple of people doing their level best to defend these guys…lol.

Some attendees at Jan 6 should have perform citizen arrest on those rioters. There were many felonies there!!!

Facts.

Conversation didn’t get too deep because there was consensus, other than WR.

I know the first DA has been indicted. But the 2nd one who handled the case needs scrutiny as well.

Obviously, the defense is desperately grasping at straws … just as we saw the Prosecutor do in the Rittenhouse trial.

What audience? Virtually nobody thinks these guys are innocent.

^^^ Claims she is not angry. :neutral_face:

1 Like

Actually, he did. Just like Ashli, he trespassed.

1 Like

Wrong. He was on camera when he trespassed … twice.

That’s one of the dumbest posts ever made here by anyone.

Just quit that nonsense. Nobody here is defending them.

This was pointed out numerous times in the other thread, but simple trespass is not a crime in Georgia unless the subject has an “unlawful purpose” in entering, or had notice from the owner that they weren’t permitted to enter.

A “No Trespassing” sign qualifies as notice, but there’s no evidence that any such sign existed at the time.

Regardless, trespass on posted property is not legal. I have seen no report that such a sign was not posted, and the builder was obviously concerned enough about it that he installed security cameras. Intent cannot be determined until the trespasser is questioned.

The point is, the defendants did have a tangible reason to assume that a crime had been committed and that Aubery was suspect. it was not, as some are alleging, simply a case of killing a black man for running through a white neighborhood.

It is not up to me to prove a negative.

I have seen no reports that the property was posted.

Without evidence that the property was posted, or evidence that he had illegal motives in entering, it can be assumed that Arbery did not commit a crime.