After years of racial slurs and abuse Meghan and Harry "Quit"

Yes, but “anyone” doesn’t receive the benefits of royalty simply for being born.

I mean being Born a Royal isn’t that great.

Its not like being a rich private citizen, every single thing you do is planned and calculated by someone else down to the way you wave and smile.

and the press is brutal it completely ruined 3/4 of the Queens children private lives, completely broke her sister.

If you look at someone like William his whole life was planned for him before he was even born, everything down to the littlest detail.

Wake up Harry, Meghan pretends for a living.

1 Like

I can’t bring myself to feel sorry for the royal family, sorry these people have it made for the rest of their lives without lifting a finger.

And the Royal family doesn’t?

Down by the river!!!

3 Likes

That worth 2.5 million in Vancouver.

Read about the life of Princess Margaret you will learn being born a “Royal” is a lot less fun then it seems.
now being born into a random rich family like the Trumps or the Gates.

party central.

1 Like

Nothing wrong with that. :wink:

I’ll trade my life of sitting in front of a computer coding 6 days a week in exchange with theirs any day of the year. The tabloids can print whatever they want about me whether I am a mudblood a muggle or a transgendered fruit-fly addicted to necrophilia. I would gladly take their place and I would imagine people way below me in salary or more difficult type of work or worse unemployed, would jump on trading places with them in a heartbeat as well.

Sorry these are spoiled brats.

2 Likes

I want to be a big boy and move away from home and be independent, but daddy will you please continue my allowance??

I think they need to look up what financially independent means.

2 Likes

@CanadianJudo I was reading an article that suggested Harry could be appointed your next GG. How would that go down generally in Canada?

@Michy which queen are you referring to?

I am by no means a fan of the British Royal Family but recognition should be given for the members who have served in the Armed Forces of the UK particularly in war. One would have thought that some people would be aware of such initiatives as the Invictus Games.

@CanadianJudo we are definitely on opposite sides on this one. If the UK (or GB if Scotland removes itself from the UK) want to keep QEII that is fine with me; but Australia should have got rid of her decades ago.

Anyone can be appointed GG, but it wouldn’t go over well having a British person GG of Canada.

but Harry is a likeable guy he could pull it off.

from what I reading they simply want their security covered.

Try reading again.

They want to keep their titles as Duke and Duchess of Sussex, their Windsor home Frogmore Cottage — refurbished at a cost £2.4million to the taxpayer — and their £600,000-a-year royal protection officers.

Harry, 35, and Meghan, 38, will give up the £2million public funding they receive from the sovereign grant but will hang on to the cash they get from the Duchy of Cornwall.

The website stated: “Since the establishment of The Office of The Duke and Duchess of Sussex, 95 percent of the funding received for their Office expenditure is derived from income allocated by HRH The Prince of Wales, generated through the Duchy of Cornwall.”

It continues: “The remaining five percent of funding for the Office of The Duke and Duchess of Sussex, covering costs associated with employing members of their official office, is received through the Sovereign Grant.

“During the course of 2020, The Duke and Duchess of Sussex have made the choice to step back as senior members of the Royal Family and no longer receive funding through the Sovereign Grant, thereby making them members of the Royal Family with financial independence.”

The only thing they want to give up is the Sovereign Grant. They want to keep all their other funding which is basically (apart from his inheritances) an allowance from daddy. So pretty much give up 5% of their money.

What I said was accurate.

I would think that it would go down like a ton of bricks if that was tried in Australia by most of the population.

1. Frogmore Cottage is owned by the Crown and since all Crown income goes directly to the government the government is required to maintain and refurbish all Crown property, would Trump be required to pay out of pocket to refurbish the WH. Total income from Crown property is over 220 million a year.

2. The Duchy of Cornwall is privately owned by Prince Charles it all income from those property goes directly to Charles he is free to spend it as he wishes.

3. The Sovereign Grant is the only taxpayer money they get which account for like you said 5% of their total.

so again they are cutting money they get publicly because they are no longer going to be doing the public duties of a Royal.

They are not required to give up their private wealth because they are stepping down.

1 Like