After years of being shot up by white supremacists, Emmett Till memorial to be replaced with bulletproof version

with their action.

this is a memorial for a murdered black boy who was murdered for being black and they are posing with guns and laughing.

the memorial is full of bullet holes.

what kind of message does that send to the black community.

What they did isn’t a crime (unless they shot the sign) but the message they are sending is straight up terrorism they are trying to scare the black community into subservience.

terrorism isn’t just blowing up buildings.

2 Likes

Your post is a contradiction. On one hand, you say what they did is not a crime, but then call it terrorism. Terrorism is most definitely a crime.

Probably pissed off (I’d say race doesn’t matter seeing that, and being pissed off)

That’s a leap

What do you think the point of shooting up a memorial serve why do people do it.

if you can prove they did shoot up the memorial then it a crime.
but regardless the message is sent and that message is to install fear and terror in the black community.

Same reason people around here shoot most any sign. Verity of reasons.

Possible that someoen just saw a sign (without reading it) and took target practice.

And apparently the local police couldn’t link them to the bullet holes (picture if I remember right only shows 4 or 5 bullet holes. Later story says it was being replaced because of a dozen bullet holes.

If someone destroyed the 9/11 memorial would you assume it because of boredom?

how would you feel if you saw a bunch of Arab kid posing with the destroyed memorial,
what would you feel in your gut.

It all depends on circumstances.

The main landmark in the town were I grew up burned to the ground. Some transients who had no idea what the building was broke in and started a fire to get warm. They really had no malice toward the city, the building, or the history of it.

Perhaps, but it would be hard to prove intent. They could just be stupid, racist kids who did this for shock value.

action can have more meaning then the simply motivation we perform them for, these kid might just be stupid but what they did carry more weight then that this memorial is important part of black history/community and having it publicly defaced send a message.

Umm no it doesn’t.

The meaning and motivation is what they had at the time. What you an I ~think~ it is is irrelevent.

The kid are not really relevant to the point i’m trying to make this is bigger then them, its little thing like this even when done without malice because this picture will exist forever it will be used by racist to terrorize the black community, it will be used by racist to gloat.

some kid is going to see this picture and he is going to grow resentful toward white people
some kid is going to see this picture and he is going to grow resentful toward black people

The image exist the context doesn’t matter this image will be shared among white nationalist for decades it will appear on websites, it will appear on pamphlets, it will be used to terrorize black communities…

I don’t really care if the kids are punished, the shame they have to live with for the rest of their lives is good enough.

That there is a HUGE assumption. That it will appear on web sites pamplets and be used to terrorize black communities. Show me one web site (other than news sites it’s been on so far).

I know the legal definition of terrorism, the intimidation part would be hard to prove. Is it racist? Yep 100% and of horrible taste.

go visit a neo-nazi website and tell me if you find people sharing this image.

Not sure what you’re trying to say here.

Why would anyone want to visit one of these websites? Race relations were better when people ignored them and didn’t put the spotlight on them and made every single thing about race.

A lot of us really don’t care what color of skin someone has and have to hear about this nonstop or even worse get accused of racism because we want a secure border. I would suggest ignore and marginalize them and quit giving them the attention they crave. The last thing I want to see is all this tribalism swell the ranks of what was fringe groups. Because unlike Antifa who look like they are cosplaying the far right groups in history are a lot more lethal and better and violence. I really don’t want to see that come around.