According to trump, wall is already being built

Schrödinger’s Wall.

9 Likes

now there an image

Democrats were for a wall before they were against a wall.

Like Trump and the Gulf war i suppose and being a democrat before he became a RINO

And republicans pretended to be against adulterery before they were for it…

2 Likes

Has anyone been able to locate Trump wall yet?

Adultery is a state issue…mostly not even that now.
Not a voting issue.

When was that?

2006 border barrier:.

The border wall was completed. Just because Dems supported increasing barrier years ago does that mean they’d support increasing a barrier further? Obviously not.

I am just glad we are back to WALL; embrace it, love it.

Obviously not. It does, however, show that they at least at one time believed border barriers were effective deterrents to those wanting to enter the country illegally. And they were right.

I have no issues with a wall/fence that covers certain stretches of land, but what fat donald promised is outright stupid.

Mulvaney is referencing their votes on an act that authorized a fence, but as we’ve noted, the 2006 fence was less ambitious than the wall Trump is proposing.

The Secure Fence Act of 2006, which was passed by a Republican Congress and signed by President George W. Bush, authorized about 700 miles of fencing along certain stretches of land between the border of the United States and Mexico.

Why would voting for wall in the past mean they should now? They voted for what they felt was appropriate. Done.

If your kid asked for a second car, and their justification was “well you bought one for me last year!”…

…what would you say?

And they voted for what was appropriate. Done.

And that would be compromising…to have a more limited fence in a more limited area.

Do you hear Nancy talking about that?

Here you go:

1 Like

Demanding something based on the threat of shutting the government down (aka hostage taking) will never be a foundation for compromise.

1 Like

So they’re already building the wall or not? Because Nancy said, “There’s not going to be any wall money in the legislation.” And then Trump said, “Without a wall, it doesn’t work.”

If Trump has us all covered and is already building the wall, what’s the problem?

Yes. And so they built that deterrent.

What implication does that have on any further support wall?

As we’ve all said, walls where appropriate.