Accidental Shooting on Set of Alec Baldwin on Movie Set

I just heard that this was not modern guns… The movie is old western guns type from 1880…

I don’t know much about guns. So I have no idea what that means.

Think about that for moment.

right my father taught this to me be demonstration as a child by putting the muzzle up to a paper target. it obliterated the target.

you said it. blanks are not mere noise makers

what the hell was going on on this set?

cover up big time

1 Like

My concern Baldwin being a famous lib/elitist will get “special” treatment.

1 Like

naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah…

2 Likes

Gross.

Truth…it’s what I’ve come to expect from two tier justice system.

3 Likes

More gross.

Perhaps, just as a courtesy, you could let this woman be buried before using her as a political puppet?

Or is that too much to ask?

1 Like

I doubt it.

If it was his negligence he is in deep deep doo doo. The last high profile death on set due to negligence sent people to jail.

I’m sorry…we are not talking about the woman that he shot…we are talking about Alex Baldwin. And he’s not a victim here.

So try again…

I’m not disagreeing with you, I think you’re right that blanks by themselves can only kill at close range.

you’re taking part in the open discussion

obviously for a reason

i’d say if you find inappr simply not respond and move on. if youre too upset by it perhaps address with mod, or in pm to the poster

1 Like

I hope so. Because I cannot see any other outcome then extreme negligence here on his part. Not knowing how to handle or check the weapon is not a defense.

No, we’re talking about the woman. That’s the important thing here.

You are the only one talking about Baldwin.

And we all know why.

1 Like

Then report it.

Baldwin doesn’t get a free pass here duo to his extreme negligence.

1 Like

Even with an armorer on set, there are way too many random people milling around for me to feel comfortable. So yeah, I would probably split.

1 Like

Report what?

I do not think your posts are in violation of the rules of this board. I just believe they’re disgusting and devoid of any semblance of humanity.

3 Likes

would you call this white privilege?

If they were using vintage revolvers then they would most likely be using Colt M1873 Single Action Armies, which was one of the more common firearms used by both sides of the law and cowboys in the latter “Wild West” time period.

Thing is though they are single action only revolvers. Which means that for each shot you have to ■■■■ the hammer back manually and then pull the trigger to fire. From what Jezcoe stated it seems like Baldwin was simply continuously pulling the trigger rapidly. Can’t do that with a single action only revolver. I’m not saying Baldwin hasn’t been instructed on how to rapidly fire a SA only design (you can use your off hand to ■■■■ the hammer before each trigger pull but to do that accurately requires a lot of practice) but I’ve got the feeling he’s not very experienced with firearms, much less a revolver which is a bit more complicated to fire rapidly than a semi automatic.

Feels to me like they were using something a little more modern (like a Colt Python) that was mocked up to look more like a M1873 or one of its contemporaries. In that situation firing repeatedly is much easier. You just keep pulling the trigger, since a double action system ■■■■■ the hammer for you as you pull the trigger and then releases it once you get the trigger all the way pulled.

1 Like

Tom what is this white privilege crap?