Accidental Shooting on Set of Alec Baldwin on Movie Set

Sorry…but this thread is about shooting on set by Alec Baldwin.

If that’s a problem flag it.

Looks like the family of the late Brandon Lee is also seeing the similarities:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/brandon-lees-family-speak-out-after-fatal-prop-gun-shooting-on-set/ar-AAPPB7r?ocid=uxbndlbing

It’s gross dude.

I got to go with Jez on this bud despite my admittedly morbid sense of humor. It’s way too soon. The victim hasn’t even had a wake yet.

1 Like

Sorry…it seems Alec was playing bad boy image and didn’t know enough about guns to check it out.

That buck stops with him.

Reminds me a little of the late Freddie Prinze, Sr, who repeatedly “pranked” friends & colleagues by putting his pistol to his head and scaring them by “pulling the trigger”.

His final night on earth, which some attribute to an accident, there was actually a live round in the chamber:

His passing saddens me to this day because he was a genuinely funny comedian who could have had a long & fruitful career had he gotten sober. It would have been truly wonderful for him to have seen his son grow up & meet his two grandkids.

Mr. Prinze was at least under the influence of Methaqualone. Not sure if Mr. Hexum was sober or no, but if yes, it seems he was a bright man. It blows my mind anyone in their right mind thinks no harm done if they aim even a prop gun at someone.

2 Likes

Yikes. Tragic story. Yeah, aiming a gun at yourself or someone else in jest is never a good idea. Before today I didn’t realize that a lot of “prop” guns used on sets are actually real guns loaded with blanks. Maybe that needs to change.

1 Like

Maybe let’s see what the investigation concludes before we hang him?

1 Like

Yeah… Everything I am hearing is rumors… so I am also interested how it happened.

Real bullets should not have been anywhere near a movie set though.

For me I cannot see how it could have happen without extreme negligent on his part.

Do we even know for sure at this point if the gun was loaded with real bullets? As we’ve seen in other cases, even blanks can be fatal.

I agree that it sounds like negligence on the part of Baldwin and probably at least one prop person, but we don’t know the whole story yet.

Only at close range from my understanding. Never shot blanks…no pun intended.

The one thing that everyone seems to agree on was that it was a live round that was in the gun.

How it got into the gun and why it was there is mystery.

That doesn’t excuse Baldwin.

Yeah, but in an earlier post someone said that Brandon Lee was killed when a blank caused an improperly ejected real bullet to discharge.

:sweat_smile:

I don’t see why a movie set would need to load a live round in any situation.

1 Like

I’ve got to listen to this later.

It was possibly his best work.

Had it on 8 track back in the 1980s.

1 Like

Not making excuses.

Have not made one this entire thread.

Me neither.

If I found out that there were guns being used on set with live ammo I would walk off the job right there.

They are especially not concerned with safety in an industry where safety is literally the last thing they think of.