Accidental Shooting on Set of Alec Baldwin on Movie Set

I wonder if Baldwin will get canceled or not? I feel bad for him. He pulled the trigger and a person died. He is not ready for that reality.

I remember his tweets when a police officer shot a perp and he besmirched the officer. This is somewhat different circumstances. I do wonder is the cancel culture canceles him.

2 Likes

The type weapon does not matter. A hot weapon does.

He will.

File it under the new norm of general lawlessness unless you refuse vax or support Trump.

1 Like

He won’t get cancelled.

He does appear very contrite and cooperative.

That is why I feel bad for him. I am more forgiving that cancel culture radicals.

Yes…not sure why he would fire the weapon on a walk through. Wasteful and hazardous.

Some actual reporting is coming out.

It seems like there were previous safety concerns already with a couple of guns misfiring. The camera department was in the process of quitting over that issue, not getting paid and going back on other deals.

If this is true this makes that IATSE solidarity video that Baldwin did recently make him look like a real piece of ■■■■■

This is looking really bad for Baldwin.

Type of weapon matters when we are trying to ascertain exactly what happened.

With a single action only design it’s unlikely he could have fired multiple times rapidly. He seems like a firearms neophyte. Firing rapid multiple rounds while cocking the hammer between each trigger pull is a skill that takes time to learn.

With a double action design it can be done more easily. Heavier trigger pull, but easier to cycle rapidly if the shooter has a lack of experience.

Sad and tragic, there was clear negligence and hopefully the people that need to be brought into account for it are

This is one day I’m glad Trump got kicked off of Twitter. I suspect he’d be thumbing out super inappropriate in wake of this.

1 Like

Some additional info -

• Camera crew had been replaced by non-union crew that morning.
  • A source close to union said Local 44 does not know what projectile was in the gun and clarified that “live” is an industry term that refers to a gun being loaded with some material such as a blank ready for filming.
  • There were two misfires on the prop gun on Saturday and one the previous week, the person said, adding “there was a serious lack of safety meetings on this set.”
1 Like

I didn’t read every post. Maybe this question was already answered so I apologize. But why was Alec shooting at a cinematographer and director?

2 Likes

At minimum, the prop handler that loaded that particular gun and Baldwin are the most culpable.

1 Like

Only two possibilities I think.

1. They were doing an example of the scene for the other actors before filming a scene, with the two people who were shot standing in for the other actors.

2. Baldwin was fooling aka playing around with the gun.

That’s the only two theories I can think of.

I am still out on Baldwin, I dunno the responsibilities of an actor when handling a prop gun honestly

My dear brother you are not privy to the death investigation. Stay focused on your job. Question the ■■■■ the lamestream media puts out. Do not believe the inner circle of media folks. For every expert there is a counter expert. I sure the ■■■■ don’t know what happened. Probably an accident.

It appears Baldwin was also producer of Rust.

Granted, director is a different job, and John Landis was in his 30s during the disastrous filming of a Vietnam War scene in Twilight Zone film, while Baldwin is in his 60s, but, in a similar fashion, AB’s career may be at a decline:

I will let the chips fall where they may. Baldwin has a lot of baggage and has been an outspoken Hollywood ass. Glad he did not blame it on Me. Trump.

The libs have been going down for the past 9 months. Hope people use their brains next two election cycles. And I hope we can stick the cancel culture in the garbage can.

I guess what I am saying is, an actor gets handed a prop gun, whats the protocol?

Problem with most Hollywood types they spend their whole life pretending to be people they are reading script. They don’t have a clue what reality is. Baldwin just got a wakeup call.

1 Like