A request- Please stop with the "you want people to die" posts

That’s not what I said at all. Thus your confusion

Again, no. I’m saying that the significance of a death is ALWAYS a factor in a policy construction. That doesn’t mean you hope for a death. However, when one occurs, one must derive a policy to address it or not.

its exactly what you said

I understand what you’re saying, but there is a common thread missing from your analogy. The political payoff.

If I’m indifferent to someone dying because they drank bleach, and don’t give a ■■■■ about bleach policy, my indifference to their death has nothing to do with bleach.

Now if I wanted to outlaw bleach and was indifferent to people dying from it because it advanced my political viewpoint, then you have all the factors. And absolutely no difference in outcome, for either the dead or me.

1 Like

You guys can argue semantics all you want.

This post was sparked because on at least two occasions, posters here outright accused other posters of wanting people to die so Trump would lose in November.

They outright accused specific posters of wanting exactly this.

One of the accused was me…one of the accused was another poster whom if the person doing the accusation knew anything about that poster, and if the accuser is capable of feeling shame, he would have been ashamed.

That’s ALL this thread was about.

In this time, every one of us might be dealing with COVID…either we have it, we know someone who has it, and maybe they even died of it.

And to level this accusation right now, in this moment, is a heinous thing to do.

Can’t we all agree on this?

2 Likes

I’m not talking about political “payoffs”. I’m talking about reactive policy.

The indifference of action is a calculated response given limited resources. We do this all the time when deciding how to tackle terrorism, drugs, crime, immigration, etc.

You again miss the point. One is a reactive policy change. We are discussing hoping people die. The outcome is the same, yes. But that’s not the discussion. The discussion is the personal intent and nature of the action. Policy decisions in the event of death are reactive. Hoping people die is a proactive personal desire that people die.

Two completely different things

If someone accuses me of doing the same (saying others hope people die) I will most definitely defend myself, as I’ve never done it

Hillary is an idiot…and she should be ignored as well.

3 Likes

… or we had it, and the symptoms weren’t ■■■■ for healthy people.

:man_shrugging:

And your point is…?

Just throwing out some details you failed to mention.

It doesn’t all have to be hyperbolic and gloomer-like.

The point is we shouldn’t accuse people of wanting people to die.

Focus, man… :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Or “letting” people die?

1 Like

But what if people want certain people to die?

If we can’t call others liars here we shouldn’t be able to say they hope people die.

I don’t want people to die and neither should anyone else.

It’s perfectly fine to hope strategically about it though, like the way I hope as many Iranian government and military officials lick as many shrine floors as possible.

We are talking about every day Americans. Not terrorists

Iranian government/military official =/= terrorist. I thought libs were better than that.

Nope.

Thank you for all that you are doing Torey. I pray you are safe and that those you are caring for are safe. Keep us posted when you can my friend.

Thanks, Nebraska. I won’t be posting much other than a few hellos for a bit, too stressed and some posts here are just upsetting me.

Stay safe, friend.

3 Likes