A Country That Got Corona Response Right

I credit both.

Both. It’s not one or the other. You need a good plan with full resources and you need everyone to do their share to realize the plan.

Pick one.

Pick one.

Taiwan did a drill where they had a sudden surge in cases and deaths. Guess what happened?

They had to “lock down for three weeks”.

That had this happen in miniature in real life when a bunch of sailors who had visited Palau got sick…and they had been to multiple locations in Taiwan before their symptoms presented.

What about the panic, empty shelves, etc.?

One thing about us, our Ruling Class never takes drills seriously.

Why? That’s a false choice.

Once without the other leads to failure.

Does it? The things the population do won’t work without the government?

In something like this that requires large scale and fast investment with no chance of profit, and nation wide coordination, yeah.

With out the federal government, you could never rapidly get a test and trace program set up quickly enough to be effective.

Likewise, if you had a government that put it in place, and you have a populace that wouldn’t comply, it’s pointless.

Yes they had “panic buying and empty shelves” included in their drills.

And you are correct.

But this goes to show you that “government” can work if it has the proper mindset.

Taiwan has been through this before…and also doesn’t trust China farther than they can kick them.

Did you read the articles?

quickly. I’m at work. Will try to reread later tonight.

What do you suppose I missed?

Fair points. Maybe their ruling class takes their responsibilities more seriously than ours.

I’ll wait.

Why are you at work?

Been working every day since the shut downs. Laid off 100% of my work force. I’m trying to cobble together future sales, collecting the bills, applying for loans…etc…

I think that’s true. Our ruling class thinks about one generation- their own. Other cultures think about future generations

Then no more “extend the shut down” out of you.

Now some at the W.H.O. everybody’s favorite organization is saying Sweden Model is the best.

"Dr. Mike Ryan, the executive director of the World Health Organization’s Emergencies Program, says: “I think if we are to reach a new normal, I think in many ways Sweden represents a future model — if we wish to get back to a society in which we don’t have lockdowns.”

The Swedish ambassador to the U.S., Karin Ulrika Olofsdotter, says that they hope to achieve Herd immunity sometime in May.

Why not?

I’ve been primarily working from home.

Careful not to cross paths with anyone at the office (it’s kind of a shared back office thing with other companies involved in mine). And respecting both PA and NJs mandates about what we can and can not do.

And while it is devastating to me financially, I understand and support these mandates.