A 50 million dollar homeless plan proposed by Republicans in WA

Except it’s typical of government oh wait…

We need a national push to fast track and expand 3d printed homes in the US. not just for the homeless but to bring housing costs down for everyone. And I say that even though I have a good chunk invested in my home.

2 Likes

Imagine all the working people who would benefit from paying off their homes with that kind of cash? :thinking:

2 Likes

And who would then stimulate the economy for decades with their increased spending money. And that’s why you have to solve homelessness as cheaply as possible. Instead of blowing 55k on a cruddy shed with a window ac that I wouldn’t house my dog in.

1 Like

I think the road block is obvious. Say the government starts printing houses for 20k each for the homeless and they look great, next thing you know, everyone wants a much cheaper printed home and what happens to current housing prices? And construction jobs? And the lumber industry etc.

1 Like

But you aren’t currently living on a sidewalk are you?

I also didn’t say anything about whether the homeless would settle for them, totally beside the point by the way. If they got to choose between those sheds and a 55k printed house, the decision isn’t going to be shed.

That is literally the entire point and subject of the thread. Affordable housing for the homeless

Sorry can’t follow you.

You can’t follow that this thread is about building houses for the homeless?

Actually, shipping containers can make good houses. You can find any number of fine examples of container houses.

They could be fitted out at a central location, such as a factory, and be easily transported anywhere.

When such housing lacks support it becomes a dumping ground for the homeless and concentrates the problems surrounding the homeless in a single neighborhood.

Your part of Brooklyn was mostly 2 and 3 story houses. Building a high rise of homeless people there isn’t the best idea in the world unless of course the needed support is provided.

The silly thing about it though is that the city was already housing people in all of the motels that have sprung up. The homeless people were already being housed in the neighborhood… just in a more expensive way.

No, can’t follow what your problem is, I have been discussing the right topic.

Printing is far superior.

Home prices in California would not drop at all. It would just be a higher profit margin for the home builders companies. There are already shacks (1bd 1ba 800sqft) here that still cost 800k in Los Angeles.

It wouldn’t decrease land value, it would over time decrease house values. That price is a function of location, not home value

And we aren’t there yet. Show me a community of a 100 or more printed houses that are currently being lived in anywhere in the United States.

How is that relevant? The tech exists, it’s proven, my whole point is we should be doing it but aren’t.

It’s relevant because it has not been proven to be viable at scale yet

W