93% of protests during the year were peaceful

I contend that it is. He’s here to compartmentalize BLM to just the milquetoast contingent of the movement. And he wants to say that THAT is the BLM he is part of, so people should apologize to him.

BLM owns all of it.

Anyone standing and defending BLM owns all of it. b’99 is one of those people doing that. He owes this nation an apology.

Yes. That is correct. Just trying to make it less imperfect.

I, as a human being expect proper treatment by law enforcement.

Unsure why you don’t have the same exceptions for others.

Allan

1 Like

See what happens to peaceful protestors from state police.

This is disgusting conduct by state police and the officer in question was fired and charged.

It’s getting ridiculous.

Allan

1 Like

No one is downplaying the riots.

They’re actually being “up-played”.

1 Like

Small point of order…the videographer does not, in fact, have Briggs on film ripping off his mask.

Everything else was reprehensible, but he didn’t get the signature event on film.

1 Like

If you think the nonsense being perpetrated on the country by BLM is making it more perfect I ve got bad news…

BLM has done far more damage than it will ever do good.

Now I want you to understand I am more committed than ever to the idea that All Lives Matter…post George Floyd people arguing for police reform had a captive audience…and (edited by rodeo) the subsequent violence wasted the opportunity…

I suspect I’m like millions of Americans who hears you say “93% peaceful protests…” and sees businesses and neighborhoods being burned down…owned and occupied by people of all colors.
100 straight nights of violence and rioting in a city I love, Portland…

Police in some of those big lefty cities are now being defunded and are reportedly hesitant to do their jobs for fear of reprisal…retirements and resignations…and coincidentally violent crime are on the rise. You’ve got idiots like that woman in Chicago screeching about “reparations”, the BLM organizer from New York who told Martha McCallum (paraphrasing) “if we don’t get our way we’ll burn it all down.”

Black Lives Matter…so do the lives of every other ethnicity.

I m sure your a good guy Allen, we disagree politically but who cares.

This BLM ■■■■ needs to stop, as an organization that’s a collection of anti American Marxist criminals who need to be arrested and prosecuted.

Please don’t ascribe credibility to looters, arsonists, vandals and murderers.

Says another peas-in-a-pod lib. :man_shrugging:

When one resorts to empty talking points, one has given up the debate.

The riots are being up-played not downplayed.

And that is because at the moment Trump has control of the narrative.

You of course will hear in that statement that I somehow support rioting.

1 Like

Exactly.

Your assertion was an empty lib assertion.

That’s an even emptier lib assertion. Factually untrue.

If you say so.

Trump absolutely has control of the narrative.

It’s why we talk about the violence and almost nothing else.

Your talking points are completely vacuous.

You don’t debate…you simply call people who disagree with you Libs.

1 Like

I have a brilliant idea. If you folks don’t want people talking about how violent your “peaceful” protesters are…

Then get ‘em to stop burning peoples ■■■■ to the ground.

The violence is not being discussed because of Donald Trump and a narrative…it’s being discussed because it’s disgusting and needs to stop!

3 Likes

Well, that didn’t take long.

1 Like

Your focus is all wrong.

You say it’s a shame there’s been injustice, but the violence has to stop…when the exact opposite is what should be said.

It’s a shame there’s violence but injustice has to stop.

1 Like

You’re right.

It didn’t take long for BLM proteters to ■■■■ up the almost universal condemnation of George Floyd’s death by a bad cop. The opportunity to unite the people was squandered by mindless violence.

3 Likes

A ■■■■ ton of goodwill was destroyed by the rioters that’s a fact. But I was (clearly) alluding to the lumping biggestal99 in with said rioters.

Not seeing that in the post i responded to.

"
Now I want you to understand I am more committed than ever to the idea that All Lives Matter…post George Floyd people arguing for police reform had a captive audience… and y’all wasted the opportunity…
[/quote]

Well, that didn’t take long."

It’s bolded in my quote.

[quote=“markdido, post:76, topic:234646, full:true”]

Not seeing that in the post i responded to.

"Now I want you to understand I am more committed than ever to the idea that All Lives Matter…post George Floyd people arguing for police reform had a captive audience… and y’all wasted the opportunity…

Well, that didn’t take long."

Where exactly are you alluding to Big in this post?

[quote=“markdido, post:78, topic:234646, full:true”]

Practically entire point of the thread is him making the point that he, a staunchly non violent protestor is lumped in with the rioters. Then he is again lumped in with the rioters. That’s all the explanation you get, sheesh. Put two and two together.

You realize that makes absolutely no sense don’t you?

Your logic opens the door to anyone who feels he or she has faced injustice to burn that mother down.

If a couple of black cops shoot an unarmed white suspecy does that give me the right to burn loot vandalize and murder as well.

You seriously just wrote the dumbest most destructive sentence I ve read anywhere in a very long time.

1 Like