93% of protests during the year were peaceful

Just as I said when they went down. 93% of the protests were peaceably held with out violent incidents.

“Despite several incidents of protests against racism and police brutality turning violent, more than 90 percent of the summer’s protests were peaceful, according to an analysis released Thursday.

The report, produced by the nonprofit Armed Conflict Location and Event Data Project, identified 7,750 protests between May 26 and Aug. 22 in 2,400 locations, according to The Washington Post.

The report found that about 220 became “violent” — a term defined as demonstrators fighting with police or with counterprotesters. The term also applies to demonstrations that resulted in property damage. In 93 percent of cases analyzed, there was no violence”

7% violent
93% peaceful.

Now do I get an apology?

Probably not. But of course that’s par for the course in this forum where people admitting they were wrong are in short supply.



you a victim?

1 Like

And well under 0.5% of black lives taken unjustly are at the hands of police. Like stats really ■■■■■■■ matter. :crazy_face:

Are you sure it is even that high?

According to the Natural Academy of Sciences (https://www.pnas.org/content/116/34/16793)

If this is correct, the number is actually 5 times lower than the already low number that you posted.

1 Like

220 VIOLENT protests (so far)…

And YOU want an apology.

If that doesn’t take the cake.

Well it appears the peaceful 93% have been gobbled up by the violent 7% and it should have been figured out from the beginning that they were being used as tools to instigate violence and media attention and maybe thats what the peaceniks intended! :roll_eyes:

Even one unjustly took is one too many.


1 Like

Right. Exactly. I am one of the 93% peaceful protestor and don’t want to bundled in with the other 7%.

So an apology is so necessary.


Even one protest turned violent is one too many.

I’m sorry you support this violent movement.

You should be too.

The “study” doesn’t count those protests that “peacefully” blocked interstates and streets.

I will agree with that. Protests should never be violent. It is against my life motto.


Sounds familiar


Yet you are here trying to downplay the violence. :man_shrugging:

No one is disputing that.

Do you support the mayhem that is happening in our cities as an appropriate response?

Let’s see. King was stabbed, imprisoned, and ultimately assassinated for leading non violent protests.


1 Like

and all the while was labeled as a radical, a communist, a socialist, watched by the FBI and was the target of hundreds of attack in southern newspaper as violent agitator .

1 Like

No need for quotation marks.

Peaceful civil disobedience is not violence.

Sorry it is not.


Already addressed. Violent protests are against my life motto.


who do do a thing like that, the horror.


1 Like