79 year old woman going to jail...her crime

What…are libs pretending to care about laws now?

Ordinances prohibiting the feeding of stray animals are common.

W_and_C just gave a link explaining why these ordinances exist.

What is the injustice in a woman not going to jail for breaking the law?

I’ll leave that answer to the philosophers.

1 Like

Why not just send the animal control there to trap em? Since they know where those cats are? But instead you threaten 79 year old lady with jail?

What kind of society do you libs want to live in.

Do you think the cops gave CNN a heads up before the raid?

1 Like

Your crap baiting is failing.

Go help this old battle axe out if you care so much.

1 Like

You’ve never lived next to anyone who feeds the strays have you???

My old neighbor did. 15 cats (yes I counted them) showed up every day. All my outdoor furniture was scratched to crap and peed and pooped on by the cats. Had to remember to roll the windows up on my car so they didn’t get in. It’s a royal pain in the ass when people do that.

1 Like

What am I baiting with?

We are talking about laws, bad laws, laws that punish people for petty BS.

Now take those same pettiness and move that up the ladder of goverment.

Then what is animal control doing about it? I assume you have one?

No…growing up on farm 98 percent of cats doesn’t survive within first month.

Here where I’m at the only cat that con survive are bobcats or bigger. Coyotes eat em like they’re candy.

1 Like

If this woman was influenced member of her community does anyone here believe she would have been threaten with jail?

Our city doesn’t do anyting with cats. I can drive (15 miles) to the county animal shelter and red ($10) a day and trap the cats and drive back to the animal shelter to turn them in.

City is different than a farm. Someone puts out food – well it started with two cats and when he either died or moved (I still don’t know) there were 15 cats being feed twice a day.

I’m a little too far away from the Mountain for bobcats and coyotes. Only thing we get in town are skunks and deer.

However my town doesn’t have any laws against feeding strays.

Here is Amazon…trap for 30 bucks.

https://www.amazon.com/HomGarden-Groundhog-Squirrel-Chipmunks-Nuisance/dp/B07B7K1M1X/ref=asc_df_B07B7K1M1X/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=241960413056&hvpos=1o1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=8384603017925292800&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9033277&hvtargid=pla-598323283413&psc=1

Catch couple and then call the animal control to pick em up. If they don’t question why they’re on payroll.

Now this thread is about silly laws and politics that comes with them.

Next thing it will be illegal to have bird feeders.

Hell I got rabbits eating vanilla Oreo cookies and deer chasing applies…now if only I can get em to return that applies then I might have something.

It’s weird that cities face different problems than rural areas and therefore the people in cities enact laws that sound silly to rural people.

4 Likes

What kind of community 1) makes it illegal to feed stray animals, and 2) sends people to jail for disobeying that law?

Do we as citizens need to be protected from such heinous criminals by locking them up?

Maybe next time they will burn her house down, cut off her hair, cover her with tar, and force her on the walk of shame before the gathered townspeople.

If the City considers stray animals to be harmful, they should trap them and kill them, if nobody wants them. Putting people in jail for allegedly preventing the animals from starving (feral cats and dogs can be very resourceful) to death doesn’t stop the problem.

1 Like

Tell that to the people being detained in camps down along the border.

3 Likes

The solution is a water hose if you catch them in the act and/or a live trap and a ride to the local animal shelter if that does not work. Throwing your neighbor in jail, won’t make the cats go away.

1 Like

The feral cats will be hunting birds, rabbit etc.

So in sense shes saving the little birds and baby rabbits.

Well when my neighbor left, and the food stopped . . . the cats went away :smiley:

New Neighbor has a dog that doesn’t get along with cats. So they don’t show up to try and eat it’s food.

1 Like