680 lawbreakers arrested and hopefully will be sent home .

Absolutely.

Sure as hell can. The kids can thank their parents when they end up in a country they donā€™t know.

If the children are citizens, the parents have a choice. Take them back home (they should be citizens there as well), or give up custody. Again the kids can thank their parents for being law breakers.

Ok. I get it. So, how long is this temp visa of yours supposed to last?

What temp visa?

Iā€™m not offering ANYONE a temp visa.

I misread your post. I do not agree. 20 million illegal immigrants wonā€™t self deport.
BTW, Iā€™m an ex-illegal immigrant (dreamer) who voted Republican until Bushā€™s second term.
Most Latinos are conservative.

as an ex-illega dreamer (someone brought here at a young age), you decided you wanted to do things right and become legal. Good on you.

Agree? Voluntarily return home and re apply or be deported and barred for 10 years.

I didnā€™t do it completely on my own, I had massive help from Saint Ronnie.

This makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. If this is the case and the jobs are below them why do 10ā€™s of thousands of Americans put on a mining helmet each year go into a dark mine a mile in were they could die at anytime? And if they do live a long life they are pretty much guaranteed to have lung problems and possibly black lung. They do this job because it pays well and few of them are educated enough to do other work.

If the companies hiring illegals werenā€™t allowed to do this, they would either have to raise wages or go out of business. They are plenty of people working blue collar jobs whether its on some assembly line or farm that they probably feel is below them but still have to do it to feed and house their family. And even if someone goes with your argument what will happen with these workers once these jobs are automated? Who will pay for them?

2 Likes

Coal mining is not unskilled, just very dangerous.

Edit: Itā€™s similar to a job such as a roughneck, no experience needed to start, but definitely expectations on basic education and a ton of skills gained in the industry.

The parents arenā€™t deporting them.

The basic coal miner is not a skilled worker, there is no educational requirement not even a high school diploma. They are people who go went into the mines with their parents approval at age 16.

I donā€™t think you really understand what you are arguing. Why do you think the job pays relatively well?

And a HUGE fine to the companies so they canā€™t simply blame HR and get away hiring them. No jobs, a huge drop in illegal immigration.

Agreed. That activity is the most criminal of all and should receive the harshest penalties.

1 Like

Check it out my manā€¦weā€™re on the same page. :sunglasses:

Itā€™s the main incentive for immigrants to come here.

And itā€™s youā€™re.

ā€¦and if they donā€™t take the job, we can all agree theyā€™re ineligible for any unemployment assistance?

Horse hockey.

Cost/Benefit may ass.

Iā€™m a the resident computer geek in an HR environment. We do 100% background checks through CPS and submit fingerprints for criminal history, cost is $37.00 per applicant. E-Verify is FREE.

And even then there are alternatives to individual small businesses that can be created, such as:

1. Capitalism will kick in and companies will step up to the plate to offering background check services - which of course there already are - and those services can expand to include E-Verify. With online retailers you donā€™t even need to be physically present anymore, you can scan or photograph documents and attach them to email.***

2. For rural American E-verify services can be required to be offered by local city, country, state government offices or through police departments.
    (*** In our case physical presence is required because we take fingerprints for the criminal check. But most employers donā€™t have to run fingerprints so they have more flexibility.).
    .^^^^

2 Likes

Trump.

1 Like