680 lawbreakers arrested and hopefully will be sent home .

They are not being punished. They are being sent to their own country.
They knew what they were doing. They aren’t babies.

But the compainies involved…yes. They should be punished. Its a little hard to believe they didn’t know they were breaking the law.

1 Like

Agreed. Give them a 10 year temporary green card. If they screw up within those 10 years? Well, you know the rest.

Agreed.

Agreed

That’s already illegal, so i agree.

I don’t agree 100%. Debatable.

Agreed.

How did I do for an “open border librulz”?

Meat packing jobs used to pay good salaries.
IF they paid enough, Americans would want them.

And if not, then the government should provide special visas.
These are NOT to be filled illegally.

No they didn’t.

So the reality is as a country we continue our mistakes of the past by exploiting cheap labor and look the other way because businesses likes the price of slave labor and the left looks past it in hopes that one day it will benefit them at the ballot boxes.

I wonder if one day we be will hearing about reparations for the abuse of serfs from South America :thinking:

And that would be the proper, legal, way to handle it. The administration is not opposed to all immigration, and has specifically spoken in favor of more visas for needed jobs.

Comparing that to slavery only shows how poorly you think of those jobs.

You are proving my point of why there is no supply.

I am guessing you never read The Jungle.

I have however talked with people familiar with that business and how it used to pay citizens well. What, you are talking about 1905 as relevant?
Raise salaries and likely they will come.
If they don’t, then prepare legal visas, not illegal hiring.
As to those who knowingly came here illegally, they should be the last to be allowed to return to the US.

1 Like

If Congress had followed Trump’s recommendations of fewer extended family visas and more visas related to the work needs of the country, then this type of problem could have been eased.
As it is, there is not excuse for illegality…either by the companies or the employees.

I’m sure you believe that Doug. There was a period where unskilled labor was supported by unions, but guess what happened?

No. They can return to their home country and apply to come back with a green card (you know LEGALLY enter the United States).

Like I said. NO amnesty. That includes repeal of DACA.

1 Like

This is where we disagree. No illegal immigrant will volunteer.

I’m an ex dreamer, so no agreement here either.

I find it kind of funny to chat with people about jobs they or their families would never even think of doing. Our K12 system alone ensures that these jobs are “below” them.

Volunteer for what? To go back to their home country and apply and come here legally?

Well they won’t have a job (e-verify, and other measures). And most likely will be deported and not be eligible to come back.

You can’t deport 20 million illegal immigrants. Many of these immigrants have children, set roots and have lived here a long time.

How long will this visa of your last?

20 million out of the workforce might also put a dent in our economy.