3 d printed meat what the *****?

So this 3D meat is similar to the impossible burgers and beyond meats that I never eat?

The only way I’d ever eat that crap is if I became allergic to meat as a result of a longhorn tick. Or whatever that tick is called.

1 Like

Well, this is the ultimate of processed “food”. :wink:

2 Likes

Try some pink slime :rofl:

When I make burgers, I buy a chuck roast and run it through my meat grinder. It is amazingly better than ground beef.

Is it really? I usually buy 93% grass fed beef. It’s a lot better than the rest of the stuff. But I haven’t tried what you did yet.

Even better than the grass fed beef. :woman_shrugging: IDK why unless it is a lot fresher? But you can definitely tell the difference in taste.

I’m making chili for dinner tonight. It will slow cook for 10 hours. USDA organic ground pork, and grass fed/finished beef. Thanks for the motivation!

1 Like

Sounds awesome! Of course, I will need your recipe and pictures :wink:

2 Likes

Well enough along so far. :wink:

4 Likes

I cannot wait to be able to get back to making awesome meals again (sigh).

2 Likes

Not enough fat in grass fed beef to make burger meat, that chuck is the best.

I believe you. I’m going to try that. With tacos, the 93% grass fed works well. But that doesn’t mean it translates best for hamburgers.

I have two dozen Buff Orpington capons that are in their final 10 days of life. They have been eating primarily forage, with live mealworms and rodents, including feeder mice the last few days and the last remaining days of their lives. They are also getting rich milk cream with their feed.

Looking real nice, pretty much ready for slaughter now, but they need a good finishing diet in their last two weeks to real get good flavor and a layer of fat.

Oh wow, I’ll bet those are going to taste amazing. I wouldn’t want to pluck them though.

You could always make one of these homemade plucking machines. If you don’t mind accidentally ripping your arm off, this guy is nuts!

OMG, that’s hilarious!

2 Likes

He’s already way past the time needed to dip them in scalding water and have most of those feathers off. Hope he didn’t waste too much time on that contraption. :rofl:

2 Likes

Just a couple pillow blocks and a washtub. :rofl:

1 Like

Kind of feels like he did it backwards too. lol

1 Like

I use a scalder and a plucker, though my plucker is a different brand, but works identically to the one in the previous post. Makes life a whole lot easier.

I do everything the old fashioned way because butchering one of my chickens is rare enough as it is. Golden goose philosophy.

A chicken will produce far more weight in eggs than it will ever have in flesh. A (whole) chicken egg is more bioavailable than chicken meat. :metal: