25% of Renters in NYC Haven't Paid Since March

There are many things that could have happened that a normal leader would have done.

A short list…

Take an inventory of federal stockpiles of medical supplies and have them positioned to enter the supply chain where most needed.

Coordinate with the State and local governments as to a coordinated response to outbreaks.

Start the beginnings of a national tracing system so we can at least know where the virus is traveling

When initial tests came back as being flawed… something I don’t even blame the President for…work to insure that it didn’t take weeks to work out that mistake.

Prepare the nation for the reality that it could take sacrifice and pain to defeat the pandemic.

There was a ton of things that could have happened in February that could have lessened the blow to lives and the economy.

But instead we have the President trying to ■■■■■■■■ it away.

Instead the war time President is waving the white flag and we should just “live with it”

I don’t know why people support that.

3 Likes

Are you saying it’s not happening?

That is a very reasonable list. It’s a shame none of that was implemented

It’s happening a little. But shouldn’t wal mart be completely infected? Shouldn’t the majority of their employee’s be infected since they are in constant contact with the general public? How about gas station employee’s? Truck drivers? Refineries? Oil workers?

There’s no choice but to extend the enhanced unemployment. Even McConnell is making bleating loses that sound suspiciously like we’re gonna do another stimulus check and extend it.

The other option is economic apocalypse. Plus it would be bad for their election chances.

Hey man. A couple of Trillion was zero problem a couple of months ago.

Want to keep the economy going… give direct cash payments to people who will immediately spend it into the world for goods and services.

Waving a magic wand and saying “open” isn’t going to work.

So we are going to get the worst of worlds.

Sick people and a tanking economy.

Yay

2 Likes

Yeah it’s almost like the refusal to adopt sensible policy basically wasted the last four months and now we’ve ended up in the worst of both worlds, a cratering economy and the outbreak expanding exponentially. Just like I predicted through my superpower of the obvious relation of cause and effect in March.

1 Like

Yep. I saw by the end of April that this whole thing was not going away anytime soon and the response was a failure.

Liberate Michigan!!!

1 Like

Actually I said back then it was problamatic. We have employers in my little town finding it hard to lure people to work because they are getting more on unemployment (with the extra 600 a week) than they would make working. That needs to go away. The 1200 to every person was problamatic. Needs to have more restrictions. The funding for businesses was problamatic.

The probles are because they needed something fast. Anything new needs to have problems fixed and all that.

Or let people go back to work.

Sure it is. Extra precautions and all that. Open back up. Funny how “protest” are allowed but no other large group gatherings in the Dem states.

How do you know widespread infections aren’t happening? Our business has remained open and half my sales staff has contracted it since March yet that information never made it into the news.

No.

It’s stopped off in the sunbelt for now.

My best friend is a chef in Florida, seventy five percent of his staff has tested positive, he’s running the kitchen with him and one other guy and they can’t get their customers to wear masks or practice social distancing.

I may have to put him and his kids up in my crib for awhile. It’s getting that serious.

1 Like

If Wally and that didn’t have employhee’s (aka infected) they would be closed. If truckers were infected shelves would be bare (now the funny part is walmart shelves are sparsley stocked, but I go to the independent grocer in town and they are fully stocked . . . . things that make you go hmmmmmm)

1 Like

16,000 news cases just in Florida yesterday. And we’re still under testing.

What is the hospitalization rate? What is the non-sympomatic rate? What is the ventalar rate.

Let’s go with your plan.

I predict that there will be full blown depression by November and even more sick and dead.

Great prospects for the GOP.

1 Like

My solution

1k a person for the next 2 months (2k) total
in order to qualify for the money any state must have a mandatory mask policy with penalties for failure to wear one

2 Likes

There’s a two week lag and you know it. My point was, the idea that it’s leveling off in the sun belt borders on outright delusion.

We are back to exponential growth… not leveling off.

Even if we were leveling off… leveling at over 50.000 new cases a day isn’t a victory.

Full blown depression happens if we keep the economy closed, and continue to let riotors destroy cities.

1 Like