2018 World Cup Megathread

England get the monkey off their back as Columbia collapse on their last 2 pk. The finally win a WC shoot out.

For those of you counting at home, it takes precisely as many lions to beat the Colombian national team as it does licks to get to the center of a tootsie pop.

A-one, a-two, a three. (crunch) Three Lions beat Columbia in penalties.

England can’t be too pleased with their offense. Only two shots on target in 120 min and really no goals. They only scored on a pk. But a win is a win and they move on.

Belgium up two goals on Brazil going into halftime. This would be a pretty significant upset.

An upset, I don’t know if significant. Belgium is still my team for the final. :v:

1 Like

So this Neymar character is kind of a dirty little bitch, isn’t he?

This is when Brazil get vulnerable, when they’re behind in the 2nd half. They’re very susceptible to the counterattack. I remember France '98 final, they could have lost by more the French were counterattacking so badly.

Belgium!

Happy to see them advance. Looking forward to England v Sweden now.

England will need a change in their luck. They’ve won 2 of their last 15 against 15 against Sweden.

We’re still on track for my dream final Belgium-Croatia….

Looks like they got it!

This tournament has been a lot of fun.

It’ll be quite interesting if Russia wins today and plays England next Wed. Meanwhile, trump will visit England on Friday next week.

Never watched 5 min…never will…like watching paint dry…to each his own.

yes, you should stick with American sports where they cultivate the lowest common denominator and little deep understanding.

2 Likes

If Russia wins today, the semi of Belgium and France will be for the WC. IMHO.

I agree but don’t sleep on England.

True, you never know what the three lion cubs can pull off. :wink:

Donald has ordered the flags in DC to fly at half mast…his home team has been knocked out of the Cup. :wink:

Would love to see a Belgium v England final.

Players like Neymar piss me off. All the talent in the world yet he resorts to flopping and crying.

1 Like

He’s not the only one, just the most ridiculously obvious about it. It’s one of the few things about the sport I find annoying - the incessant melodrama in the hopes of drawing a foul.

I played soccer as a kid but never really appreciated it as a spectator sport until 1999 or so. That said? I still see the humor in this:

1 Like

Belmar isn’t the only player doing this by far, but he’s the best one doing it. Ronaldo and Mess I may occasionally flop, especially in the penalty area, but neither are anywhere close to Neymar.