2018 Tropical Weather thread

Hey genius…using lot of exaggeration there.

More like 1000 homes with 150 mile an hour winds verse 1100 with 100.

But we all know why you libs are hyping this storm up…you want to use it to take back the house.

Other word use their suffering for political gain.

It was awful watching the news today and seeing how much damage has already been done.

The biggest threats are the storm surge and massive amounts of rain. Many thousands are already without power too.

Yes unfortunately that’s all true. The worst of it is it’s expected to stall when the eye hits land and then move very slowly. So this is likely going to affect the Carolinas for the whole weekend.

This post is disgusting. Poliicizing natural disasters while people are fearing for their lives and homes is inexcusable.

I watched the evening news and it’s getting bad already and it’s still hours from making landfall. No one is “hyping this up”. It’s a monster.

Too bad Joanne. Libs have already politicized it.

And that’s not all they have done.

If you want to complain about someone politicizing a natural disaster, you can start with the orange maniac and what he said today about Puerto Rico.

2 Likes

“orange maniac”

And there is the stupidity.

1 Like

I received my first ever official sanction in Hannity-land in my first reply to this post, so let me try again. If I cannot simply note falsehood, let me damn it with faint praise.

Here goes:

Nice of you to take the high road with “orange maniac” rather than note the pre-landfall attacks on Trump in regards to Puerto Rico.

I will be following your posts to keep informed with the unbiased truth.

1 Like

A home built to hurricane resistant standards is not going to sustain serious damage in 100mph winds.

Almost any home hit with 150 mph winds will be flattened. The magnitude of the energy goes up exponentially with velocity.

It seems there is now no way to identify something as being dishonest in any way without sanction now.

Lie all you want, just don’t call a lie a lie or a misrepresentation of fact dishonest.

It makes no sense at alll.

Yep, no point reading further when you see that phrase, nothing nonsensical will follow it ever.

Rain, storm surge and big waves. The wind speed is the least of their worries.

I think that was his point Joanne. Libs brought up PR knowing that Trump would say something stupid about it.

Storm surge on this storm is 11 feet or so. The surge on larger storm can surge more then 20 ft. Katrina had surge of 28 ft in a stretch allow Mississippi.

As for the wind…wind can flatten lot of homes as in case of Andrew.

It’s just as easy to drown in 11 feet of water as in 28. And if water fills your house to the eaves, it doesn’t matter if the wind did not flatten it. It and everything in it is destroyed.

That’s right Samm. I heard that first responders had to go rescue quite a few people who were on the roof of their houses, as well as those who were in a motel that lost its roof.

Why won’t people leave when they are given ample warning? If leaving isn’t an option, there are shelters one can go to.

Are you saying their is no difference between class 1 storm versus class 4 or 5 storm Samm?

Having been through a couple of hurricanes including Harvey, evacuating can be as dangerous as staying put. During Rita, like 135 people died in the mandatory evacuation, something like 8 died in the actual hurricane.

You also have to think for people of less means, they might not even have a car, i.e Katrina. It costs a lot of money to leave town for even a few days, money they probably don’t have.

I could have gone to a shelter…and then what? Sitting in a high school gym wondering what is going on with my house? I decided I was to stay and fight and save what I could. It didn’t get to that and the major damages were from flooding and the hurricane itself wasn’t that destructive where I live, but the water was up to the mailboxes and about half the homes on my street flooded.