2018 Tropical Weather thread

Well you have actually been through it, I haven’t. I guess people have their reasons for not leaving, but help can’t come if the need it if it is going to be putting first responders at risk.

One of the people who died today was having a hear attack. The medics couldn’t get to her door fast enough due to fallen debris.

1 person died duo to heart attack?

I would say if that’s only death then we lucked out don’t you think?

It could have been lot worst…cat 4 or 5 rolled through.

Oh wait what was I thinking…some want me to believe their is no difference between cat 1 and cat 5.

740,000 without power.

Rain will last for much longer than most hurricanes.

At least five deaths so far, including an infant.

No one in this thread has said such a thing.

Yeah a tree fall into the house.

A heart attack, guy screwed up and electrocuted himself and another wind related death.

Are you really trying to do a play-by-play of the storms deaths to prove a point? You are an odd fellow.

1 Like

I just think people should count their lucky stars that this storm petered out…don’t you think?
11 foot surge is helluva lot less then 24 foot sea surge don’t you agree?

90 mile winds is helluva lot less then 145 miles an hour winds don’t you agree?

So you are here to tell the people in the middle of the storm they are lucky? OK, not any less weird.

Yes they are lucky. Extremely lucky as far as I’m concern.

They won the lottery! Yay!

I doubt that many in the storm’s path right now are “Counting their lucky stars”. Have you not watched the Weather Channel, cable news or regular news to see what is happening?

And I agree with @samm. an 11 foot surge can be just as deadlly as a 24 foot one.

Shhh… Conan needs to find some way to prove this was all fake news while people are dying and losing their lives work.

11 foot surge you might get water around your foundation from the sea. 24 foot surge you get water in your 2nd floor. By then your house may want to float off it’s foundation.

Shell I continue?

Are you not thankful that this storm weaken…yes or no?

No, I don’t suggest continuing as you really aren’t doing yourself any favors here.

OK…show that some people don’t understand the magnitude of what could have happen when class 4 or 5 hurricane passes through.

Of course I am, but the losses are incredible and I only hope that the flooding is not as bad as it looks like it will be over the next couple weeks.