“1776 Commission” Pro-American History To Counter “The 1619 Project”

Trump clearly is

by emphasizing our nation’s history?

Is he? Is that what the left-wing media is saying?

We currently are not negating all history in favor of slavery. Slavery IS a key part of American history. 1619 project is working to make sure it’s taught along with the “pro American” history

1 Like

What, specifically, in our history is being negated? “Everything” doesn’t really help a discerning mind.

thats not the entire agenda of the leftwing re-writing of history

We already do this. Why create a commission called the “1776 commission” when we already have plenty of education on the positives of American history?

1776 is a response to 1619. But both should be taught.

Then explain what the agenda is…

because the left is trying to reshape US history around the evils of slavery

thank you mr president

1 Like

i just did

This country was built on slavery. Why shouldn’t we talk about that?

1 Like

It is probably going back to the history classes that I grew up with in Virginia.

Start With Jamestown.(The year that slaves came was the Red letter Year BTW) Skip to the Revolution. Ignore everything until about 1861. Then skip over everything until WW1. Do a lot of WW2. Cold War stuff (but only the Ruskies bad part… leave out the CIA stuff). A gloss over of Korea without any real context. JFK. MLK. Some Vietnam (Platoon had just come out). A little Nixon and end with Reagan.

4 Likes

Even the ones who were free weren’t equal.

The Great paradox of this nation is that a very important founding ideal it self evident that All Men are Created Equal and endowed by their Creator with certain Unalienable Rights of Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness.

That is an ideal that we all admire and espouse as a nation to uphold.

So how does that square with the Treatment of the Native Americans and Chattel Slavery.

I don’t think that you can square that and thus the great paradox.

Understanding that paradox and that conflict should be central to the understanding of our nation’s history because without that understanding we are never ever going reach that high ideal that hold so high.

1 Like

thats highly debatable

I’m confused. Trump can’t actually give a ■■■■ about any of this. It’s pandering. 100%.

1 Like

when we all agree that men were created equal, the faster our society will progress

i’m still impressed founding fathers knew this

pandering?

to whom?

patriotic Americans? lol

Oh? What else?

Give us the argument

1 Like