“1776 Commission” Pro-American History To Counter “The 1619 Project”

Why would that be highly debatable?

huh? where did i say they will do that?

I understand that American history is complicated and often challenging on our ideals as a nation. Yet I’m still patriotic. Go figure.

thats fantastic

now, who’s he “pandering“ to?

It’s a sad mind set that believes that in order to get people to love their country, you have to hide the warts and mistakes.

True!

Not to mention the women.

Wait, where are all these “leftist, anti-American” curricula being taught? Is that really the norm? This whole thread is absurd.

1 Like

They didn’t think so, if they did, they would have abolished slavery in the constitution

Uh no it isn’t

As a side note, I recently read this book

It includes a lot of Jefferson’s personal letters and writings about slavery. He lived that very paradox that is central to the United States. He knew it was wrong. Even talked about ending slavery, but saw the system as something that future generations would have to take care of.

It’s an interesting read.

Kind of a cop out. But, he owned and raped his own slaves so forgive me if I don’t take him seriously.

What American History class ever excluded slavery?

1 Like

who is proposing to do that?

baloney

who taught you that trash?

the constitution wasnt written to abolish everything that was bad

Which part?

1 Like

no room for debate these days

This is dumb and not needed.
1776 Commission already exists, it’s called U.S. history.

Also, has anyone actually listened to the 1619 documentary?
Some of you people might actually learn something.

One more thing, I still get a kick at these clowns always using that one Dr. King quote not knowing their BS ideology don’t line up what Dr. King was trying to accomplish. Hell, a lot of people called him a communist.

5 Likes

No I understand. I get it.

It was hearing an interview by the historian Annette Gordan Reed… who is the same person who uncovered and proved the whole thing around the Hemings family… when she addressed that very issue.

In her opinion the power dynamic between Jefferson and Sally Hemings did not work that way. In the interview she made the distinction that it wasn’t like white women at the time had a ton of freedom to go against their husband. As to why Jefferson never freed her, there was a law that stated that freed slaves above a certain age would have to leave the State. And yes… it is supremely ■■■■■■ up that he took as basically his second wife the enslaved half sister of his dead wife and he was a huge hypocrite… but Annette Gordan Reed did get me to rethink the idea that the relationship between Jefferson and Hemings was rape.

But I totally understand why anyone would have that thought.

Cut the chain quoting. It’s stupid, and annoying.