Zelensky sparks outrage in Greece

From Reuters: “But the video caused a backlash on social media and an angry reaction from leftist parties”.

So it is not some widespread outrage among all Greeks but among leftists and online. I think we all know from experience in this country how hard it is to get outrage online and with leftists.

We should also be aware as to what particular country likes to manipulate mass media (not that they are alone in this)

Meh it makes for a good cudgel. I don’t think anything’s changed because it’s not our politics. Viewing them through americo centric prism is probably not a great idea.

By the way does anyone want to know why they are neo Nazis side form the fact that western Ukraine was a always a place replete with hate groups?

Too many… but no one is advocating to invade Virginia over it.

1 Like

Mmmmmmm

I meant you and i are not in Ukraine :joy:

1 Like

If we’re involved, it’s our politics involving us. We’re not the world’s savior, we don’t just go rescuing people out of virtue. There’s something in it for us, whether it’s more favor and influence, or covering our asses.

Welcome to being a global Super Power. Our profiting hands are in every conceivable organized illegal activity around the world. The American TV viewer will support neo-nazis when ordered. :wink:

2 Likes

Too much worshipping of Ukraine of late. Suffice it that one country is invading another and needs to stop. That doesn’t make the victim angels.

2 Likes

Well, maybe you’ve never been… :wink:

Right we have funded and armed some very very very bad people.

Crimea. Summer camp.

No i am serious. :joy:

2 Likes

The political arm of Azov, Right Sector, got sidelined years ago and cannot muster enough support to gain a single seat in Parliament.

So while the neo Nazi factor may become a future problem for Ukraine once this is over, I don’t blame anyone for not shunning their support in a time of war.

Azov Batralion are fight for their country. Doing a fairly good job of it.

When I see people selling Azov Merch on the internet I think “Oh ■■■■ off”

That’s typically the type of response I get when someone is very uncomfortable with the fact that their side is outright supporting neo-nazis, while encouraging others to “patriotically” do the same. :wink:

It just irks me when ukranian news praises them for their wins in battle. Guys you are praising very bad people. Yes they are fighting for your country but so are tens of thousands of others. Cover that. I get it, Mariupol is big news because it’s being wiped off the face of the earth but just call them Ukranian armed forces or may be (now that i thin about it) they are praising them separately to make a distinction between ukranian army and Azov

1 Like

Of course. There is no other response possible imo. We are outwardly supporting a group of Neó Nazis. (Ha my keyboard auto corrected to Neón Nazis) There is no two ways about it.

I’ll have to ask the TV what it thinks so I know what I think. :rofl:

1 Like

The LGBQTLMNOP platoon?

2 Likes

The government is gleefully supporting them, the TV s gleefully supporting them, most libs are gleefully supporting them.

I’m sure as hell not supporting them. Those ■■■■■■■ can burn all the way in hell right next to their commie and wahhabist counterparts. :rofl:

2 Likes

Stop it. I have memes for that too.

1 Like

Sure but just in general are you in support of any “we are the world police actions?”

How many seats do neo-Nazis have in the US congress? Yet neo-Nazis and similar extremists are the “greatest terror threat”.

The US has fought multiple wars that have killed millions to end terror threats. And the alleged threats are on the other side of the world.

Is there any reason to doubt that the US would attack foreign neo-Nazi terrorists that threatened the US?