You think Biden news of him being linked to taking classified documents will preclude #46 running for re-election?

I DO !!! How about you?

Also might be an inside job too… stay tuned.

Look at the headliner of 18 U.S.C. 2071 which applies to any government employee with the exception of a POTUS (Biden was VP when these records were possibly put into office space he occupied as a private citizen):

Whoever willfully and unlawfully conceals, removes, mutilates, obliterates, or destroys, or attempts to do so, or, with intent to do so takes and carries away any record, proceeding, map, book, paper, document, or other thing, filed or deposited with any clerk or officer of any court of the United States, or in any …

I think a conviction means not eligible for running for public office going forward for at least three years…

Yes, but only if applied equally to Trump

1 Like

BAM…the libsplanation of all of this!

4 Likes

Well, either taking docs is a problem, or it’s not. If you agree that it is a problem, both men have the same problem.

This seems pretty fundamental.

No. One was the POTUS and has the authority to declassify all of those documents. Brandon…did not.

3 Likes

Okay, so no penalty. See you in 2024

What…when laws do not favor your position, just throw them away? If Brandon committed a crime, he should be punished by the law he broke.

4 Likes

The left leaning press usually provides cover for Biden. NOT NOW!
Check out this excerpt from CNN’s Stephen Collinson piece last night:

"Republican Sen. Lindsey Graham, a staunch Trump ally, meanwhile demanded a special counsel be appointed to handle the Biden documents furor. It is becoming hard to see how Attorney General Merrick Garland, who has taken strenuous steps to show the DOJ is not politicized, can resist such calls amid rising political pressure. "

1 Like

Same for Trump.

Or not.

Always. The laws should be applied equally, to all. It’s my understanding though that the POTUS has the authority to declassify those documents where as the VP does not.

1 Like

No. I think he is too arrogant to even be phased by this.

1 Like

hes wasnt going to run for reelection anyway.

Allan

This is irrelevant.

The documents were not Trump’s to take.

The classification status does not matter.

1 Like

Okay, charge them, have a trial, let’s gitter done.

USC 2071 does not exclude the President.

Where do you get that it does?

I think you’re wrong, but that’s a different thread.

What do you make of a CBS reporter, not exactly the most moderate left leaning outlet out there, having their own White House Correspondent getting snippy yesterday with Karine Jean-Pierre?

1 Like

No, 18 U.S.C. § 2071 Cannot Disqualify Trump From The Presidency.

An excerpt from this:

If Trump is convicted of violating this statute, can he be disqualified from the presidency? No. And my colleague Seth Barrett Tillman wrote about this precise issue in 2015. At the time, conservative commentators, including former Attorney General Michael Mukasey, argued that Hillary Clinton could be disqualified from the presidency due to the storage of classified materials on her private email server. Seth explained that Mukasey’s argument does not work.

Under Powell v. McCormack and U.S. Term Limits v. Thornton, Congress and the states cannot “add to the express textual qualifications for House and Senate seats in Article I.” And that reasoning, Seth concluded, would seem to apply to the qualifications for the presidency in Article II. Several courts in the Seventh Circuit, and elsewhere, reached that same conclusion.

1 Like

I don’t care.

Will you at least agree it seems like the decision for Biden to run again is not really one he is making on his own with Jill/his more immediate family?

After all, the timing of this scandal breaking now is interesting to put it mildly (a Biden visit to the border looked to some as a precursor to a 2024 campaign announcement being imminent.

And again, perhaps insiders of #46’s own administration (Susan Rice?) with the aid of the left press are plotting and scheming possibly setting the stage to throw Joe and family under the proverbial bus…