You can't hold in person elections -- you'll kill thousands! Well . . . ummm . . . maybe not

Of course that’s the case. Lack of voter ID laws is the great enabler at the polls for ineligible voters to do so.

1 Like

Learn to read…it’s about 15 miles as crow flies. But that’s not the point now is it. What was the point? If you say community then you get a star.

That’s some pretty bizarre virtue signalling.

Are you following in your father’s footsteps any less by mailing in a ballot as opposed to going to a polling station?

Is the location more important than the actual act itself?

No it’s not.

Jay…I know for some city folks who don’t know or care about their neighber it’s hard for em to understand. But we would hang out and talk to those that come and go. Basically it’s good place to say hi to your neighbors.

You can do that anywhere at any time.

And that wasn’t the point you were trying to make.

You said “follow in your father’s footsteps”.

You do that by voting itself…not by voting at a particular place.

How then do you verify it’s the legal voter? Telepathy?

The polls aren’t manned by handwriting experts.

Think about how voting happens…ALL the steps of the process.

Then get back to me.

It’s a way of life Jay…I understand for some that way of life is big cities and same sex marriage…where going to dog park is highlight of their day.

■■■■■■■■ couldn’t fool anyone where we use to vote and went with my parents. Everybody knew everybody by their first and last name. LOL I remember seeing women wearing their best dresses and dad grands dads would actually clean up.

It’s up to you to make your case but we both know you can’t.

Nope that’s just an excuse to suppress votes.

Yes. Illegal votes should be suppressed.

1 Like

Those aren’t vote cons want to suppress.

Yes they are. Anyone who wants to vote, can vote. But their eligibility to do so needs to be verifiable. Do you agree? And that a vote submitted under a particular persons name was truly submitted by the person so named also needs to be verifiable. Do you agree?

2 Likes

You’re deflecting.

So now it’s not about fraud…now we have to preserve “a way of life”?

That somehow voting doesn’t count for as much if you don’t do it in a voting booth?

Is that for you to decide? I have had the chance to meet and talk to candidates outside of polling places.

So have I. And I’ve worked polls for several years now.

But someone voting by mail is not doing a lesser thing.

I’d have had more respect for this poster’s opinion had he not implied people who want to vote by mail are lazy and are somehow “doing it wrong”.

Respect is a two way street.

So are opinions.

Meeting candidates is a tradition.

Except it already is.