Yet Another Assault on 'Mocracy

Has he said, “That’s not who we are.” Yet?
:face_vomiting:

3 Likes

Nobody is unable to vote due to time logistics.

2 Likes

It is impossible not to limit the time people vote. Now law has no limit. I cannot vote now in the 2022 elections. How much time does the Texas law allow to vote, and how is that unfair?
What time should be allowed and why?

Uh huh. Tell me: how does limiting it to one drop box in a county the size of Rhode Island do that?

Really? Suppose there is a 10 vote difference between the winner an loser. Suppose there are 88 fraudulent votes and you don’t know who they favored. How do you know who really won the election?

The paragraph says overturn the election as opposed to trying to figure it out through investigation. That’s why I said there has to be more to it.

Which county is that?

If there’s one word that describes the 2020 election, it’s definitely malaise.

Nailed it.

All of them

Not today.

No quorum. Session ends in 20 minutes.

Abbott will have to call for an emergency session now. Unexpectedly good play here by Texas dems.

Texas republicans really blew their biennial session. More power than ever but they were so busy stoking republican fantasies they forgot to renew chapter 313 which dishes out the behemoth tax breaks to corporations (elon will be mad), didn’t add any teeth to the grid winterization, and whoopsie’d this vote by trying to cram it in the closing minutes like a bunch of tweaked out auctioneers.

Now they have to gin up another “emergency” while Abbott is already taking flak from his right for not relinquishing the emergency powers he claimed for the pandemic.

Exactly what we got ironically enough.

2020 was tainted by the pandemic hysteria.

Not true.

Why do you think the last election had such high turnout?

did it?

The rules were bent quite unethically due to the virus panic.

2 Likes

A nefarious coalition of people that worked to insure that people could vote.

Spooky

Unprecedented.

The rules should be set and clear.

1 Like

But is this one Jim Crow on steroids?

2 Likes

Of course.

The continuous hoisting of that article as evidence of something nefarious is one of the weirder but funnier examples of the intelligence gap forming in the republican party.

2 Likes

They are. No rules were broken. None.