Yet Another Assault on 'Mocracy

“Today, Texas legislators put forth a bill that joins Georgia and Florida in advancing a state law that attacks the sacred right to vote. It’s part of an assault on democracy that we’ve seen far too often this year—and often disproportionately targeting Black and Brown Americans,” Biden said in a statement.

It seems us Neanderthals have upset The Creep. Again.

4 Likes

Will these 'Mocracy Assaults ever end?

1 Like

All in the name of “election integrity”.

The Texas bill, which was finalized Saturday, would limit early voting hours and local voting options, ban 24-hour voting and curtail the use of ballot drop boxes, among other provisions.

1 Like

Muh 'Mocracy!

Was there widespread voting fraud happening in Texas that prompted this bill ? I’m trying to figure out why they’re doing this now.

1 Like

2024 mostly. Maybe a little for the benefit of 2022.

Dems are gaining on many red states. Cons are trying to prevent any further gains by the dems. That’s why you are seeing all these laws coming in ONLY in red states. This should energize the voters more. Do not let the GOP manipulate the law to change the outcome. Red states will become more blue. All the people moving into red states will help move this along. I look forward until TX, GA, FL become blue.

Well, FL voted for Obama twice

Of course not, it’s racism.

If it isn’t possible to vote any time on any date, will blacks ever be free?

3 Likes

Why limit voting?

Actually, I never had a problem voting on the day of the election.
If you can’t vote in a two week period, why would a three week period help you?
Voting is more important than a company keeping track of money, and yet there are all sorts of systems to control that flow of money and see that it is done honestly and properly. No one says “we have no control over our money and don’t know what happens to it, but no one has ever proven there was a problem”.

1 Like

You didn’t answer my question.

Why limit voting?

Fine. Can I still vote in the 2020 election? Can I go ahead and vote in the 2022 election? There have to be limits. You just don’t like any that Republicans set.

2 Likes

Sure, there have to be limits.

What was wrong with the limits they had in place in 2020?

What’s wrong with the ones being democratically approved by the state of Texas?

2 Likes

It costs money.

because there aren’t 3 shifts of poll workers year round.

3 Likes

I’ve not seen much proof of that either

One day one vote is the tradition and best policy.

Never liked any earlier voting initiative.

3 Likes