Yes, Bernie Sanders! There is income inequality. So, freaken what?

What you conveniently ignore and look to take advantage of, are the millions of Citizens like me, many of whom grew up in inner cities like the South Bronx and East Harlem, who worked two jobs and likewise worked to improve their marketable skills, and eventually, having taken advantage of our free market, free enterprise system, indeed have been successful in acquiring income inequality over those abled bodied citizens who are not motivated enough to make sacrifices and improve their own economic circumstances.

Yes, Bernie, you bet there is income inequality. But instead of encouraging able bodied citizens who are not motivated enough to take advantage of our free market, free enterprise system, and work to improve their own economic conditions, you offer to use the force of government to confiscate a portion of hard working wage earners paychecks who are financially successful and transfer that property to those who are not motivated enough to improve their own station in life. And, in carrying through with you desire to transfer the property of one group of citizens to another group, you would violate one of the most fundamental inalienable rights of mankind . . . rights associated with property ownership, and you do it for no other reason than to buy votes . . . hoping 51 percent of voters are willing to use their vote to confiscate the property of the remaining 49 percent of the nation’s population.

One of our forefathers addressed your notoriously evil desire as follows:

"Under a just and equal Government, every individual is entitled to protection in the enjoyment of the whole product of his labor, except such portion of it as is necessary to enable Government to protect the rest; this is given only in consideration of the protection offered. In every bounty, exclusive right, or monopoly, Government violates the stipulation on her part; for, by such a regulation, the product of one man’s labor is transferred to the use and enjoyment of another. The exercise of such a right on the part of Government can be justified on no other principle, than that the whole product of the labor or every individual is the real property of Government, and may be distributed among the several parts of the community by government discretion; such a supposition would directly involve the idea, that every individual in the community is merely a slave and bondsman to Government, who, although he may labor, is not to expect protection in the product of his labor. An authority given to any Government to exercise such a principle, would lead to a complete system of tyranny."

See Representative Giles, speaking before Congress February 3rd, 1792


They are not “liberal” or “progressive” leaders”. They are conniving Marxists leaders who use the cloak of government force to keep themselves in power by stealing and then redistributing the wealth which wage earners, business and investors have worked to create


The “bootstrap” mentality is a myth. Also the 2 trillion dollar stimulus says HELLO!


There has always been and always will be income “inequality”. It is a ridiculous mantra.


So we shouldn’t try to reduce it as much as possible. Got it.


No, we shouldn’t.

■■■■ that.


:rofl::+1: finally!

You’re focused on the wrong thing. And what you espouse is immoral.


no we should not.

everyone should be paid what they are worth.

1 Like

what’s wrong with not paying everyone the same amount?

I miss this :joy::rofl:

“Who cares if CEOs make 300x what their avg employees make”

No, I do not think a CEO is equal to a fry cook and thus should be paid the same. However, I would argue that they may not be worth 300x more. Maybe 30x.

I also believe that anyone who says “I will stop working hard if I don’t have the ability to make 100 million dollars” is full of ■■■■■ This is the whole “of you tax the rich too much they will lose incentive to innovate” BS


should ceo’s be paid what they are worth?

Contracts matter. My suggestion would be to become an investor in a company. Class envy will get you no where


Who decides a CEO’s salary? The BoD. I’m not sure the BoD is necessarily figuring the “worth”.

1 Like

you’re not sure?

maybe you should find out how they arrive at ceo compensation

Sure. Are they worth 300x a cashier?

If we capped their earnings at say 50x the lowest pairs person, would you say they are worth more than that?

1 Like

Oh goody, another envy thread!



“cap” ha

“50x” a cashier is completely arbitrary. much like how the economically clueless left (like AOC with her economics degree) arbitrarily decides what the min wage should be

and this not how the worth of something, someone is determined

you said “sure” when i asked if ceos should be paid what they are worth.

how is that determined?

Envy? I make excellent money. This is about equity.

Well wait.

I work to reduce it …

… by increasing MY income.

Shouldn’t we all?