2. Houston
  3. Los Angeles
  4. New York
  5. Seattle
  6. St. Louis
  7. Tampa Bay
  8. Washington D.C.

Didn’t this fail back in 2001?

xfl? again? first im hearing about it. Lemme guess, vince saw a chance with his wife working for his buddy in the white house for president that loves to scapegoat black guys in the NFL to rebrand the xfl as the real patriotic working man’s league?

Further guess, Johnny Manziel and the evangelical one I can’t remember are already signed up?

Liberals shut this down last time, just like they they shut down Trump owning a team or Rush on Monday night.

Nobody wanted to listen to Rush talk about football.

1 Like

Yeah they like watching people disrespect our flag.

Perhaps. Or they see it as an opportunity to grab some fans from the NFL who are annoyed by the league’s rules to keep players safe.

I doubt it’s successful, though. The NFL has a stranglehold on the premier talent, both in acquisition and retention. Any other league is always going to be a distant second.

No thanks, no one will watch a second tier league, especially in LA where two NFL teams are already here. They should rename it the “Southern States Football League” and only have teams in the south.

That’s not going to go over well. This clown is a con man just like his buddy fat donald.

McMahon also expressed his desire to sign players without criminal records and to eliminate the practice of kneeling during the playing of the national anthem

The networks don’t show the players anymore during the anthem, or are very selective with who they show.

Is this thing with Vince McMahon?

Yep.

10individual1

1 Like

What a stupid name. The XFL? Really? Sounds like X rated football.

That is exactly what it was when Vince tried to do this same thing 20 years ago.

Ya he is spending something like 100 million + on it.

1 Like

It bombed before. Why would this time be any different?

I don’t think they are going to try and directly go against the NFL but be a minor league, NFL is one of the few sport that doesn’t have a minor league (Baseball, Hockey, etc) all have them after amateur level.

but I also think its not going to work because NFL players don’t have long careers so there is no point i having a feeder system after amateur.

Well, last time they had bikini clad strippers in hot tubs, so…

But I think the X stands for eXtreme.

Yes, I’m sure it does. Just think they could come up with a better name.

In any case, don’t think the second try will be any more successful than the first was.