Woke - Is The Pushback Beginning?

I’ve seen this going on for a year or two now. We have professional development days devoted to things like racial justice. And sometimes outside providers are hired to implement the programs. This all just washes off me. I don’t really have an objection, but most teachers I know just put up with the latest fad. I remember “learning styles,” “give kids breakfast,” “multiple intelligences,” “brain science,” “growth mindset,” etc. I don’t get too bent out of shape . . . I just teach my science and don’t worry about the rest. It’s worked well for 34 years.

2 Likes

Nah… not really.

These places exist to promote the status quo… not dismantle it.

You are tone deaf to current events.

1 Like

How so. They preserve the status quo. It is why these really expensive schools exist.

Look at the headmaster leaving again and tell me how wrong I am.

I have explained it with sources and cites.

You’re quite wrong.

1 Like

How is the headmaster leaving presumably over pushback to the “woke” teachings not a preservation of the status quo.

Rich people get what they want… they like the status quo.

The idea that any of these schools would churn out a bunch of Jacobins is really silly.

I have 34 years experience in the private school environment. I’ve seen headmasters come and go. There is no right or wrong.

Absolutely incorrect. That is the home of globalism, of we are richer and smarter and more woke than the peasants.

3 Likes

Yeah… as I said… rich people and the status quo.

That’s just a silly response.

1 Like

I need @conan’s picture of the bird dropping the feed on the floor.

And that’s helpful.

Dude. The headmaster is leaving because of pushback to the “woke” agenda.

The pushback is coming from the very wealthy parents who send their children to this school to get into an Ivy League college so their wealth and societal position can be preserved or expanded.

The wealthy get what they want.

They never wanted their children to be revolutionaries.

They want what the school was built for.

The status quo.

1 Like

Which, with it’s Left Coast counterparts is the sun source of Woke.

This one?

6 Likes

That’s the one.

Yeah… there is rich people push back happening there also.

Rich people are interested in preserving the status quo.

It’s okay to take the win

I just haven’t figured out if they know what they’re doing…lying to our faces or they do and just no longer care anymore.

4 Likes

What lie have I told?

Because honestly… what gets taught at a super expensive UES prep school is one of the lowest things on the list of my cares.

There will always be a regression to the mean… aka the status quo.