With three conservatives dissenting, court declines to intervene on behalf of Air Force officer who won’t get vaccinated

This is what I said - I was referring to starting a religion - a church.

My personal beliefs differ from those of my church at times. Who are you to decide my religious beliefs aren’t valid. The Church doesn’t decide what I believe, I do. The church doesn’t have to agree with me for me to interpret what the bible says differently.

OK.

My post was about how we don’t get to just wake up and found a religion or a church and enjoy the benefits as such without meeting the govt. criteria for a religion or church.

As per that article

That is called science. When more information is available, we use that information to make better informed decisions. Science is not perfect, neither is life. We do our best, with the available information.

You don’t have to sign up for the military to know you have to obey orders from superiors.

Allan

1 Like

No…it’s called a mistake and this one was huge. If I made a mistake at this level, I’d be bankrupt but in this circle, there’s absolutely no accountability. That isn’t science…it’s a medical sham.

What was the mistake? The vaccines have worked. Trump did a good job with operation warp speed, and the scientists did the best they could with the data that had. As more data came in, and when new variants arrived, they adjusted, and tweaked the vaccine.

The biggest mistakes were unqualified people with an audience undermining the process for political and monetary reasons. And the idiots that listened to them.

2 Likes

There was no mistake. There was an intentional move by the current Administration and the Democrat Leadership throughout the country to ignore the science and force their will upon the people, their children and their businesses, and the American people paid the price.

JWK

The Democrat Party Leadership, once an advocate for hard working American citizens and their families, is now their worst nightmare.

Well, I disagree with that as well. Show me here where the Constitution gives the Federal government the right to determine what church is valid. It says the exact opposite. I think the larger issue here is we’ve had people filing for religious exemptions which requires them to determine the validity which flat out isn’t their job. What we SHOULD be doing is fighting federal mandates for personal health decisions. There are laws that require us to pay taxes and laws to protect you from me but there should NEVER be a law to protect me from me. I should have the freedom to determine what I want to do, so long as it doesn’t infringe on your rights.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

As to this vaccine, no one has proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that me not getting vaccinated will infringe on the rights of another human being. It doesn’t stop the spread, doesn’t even seem to slow the spread. Even IF the vaccine decreased my risk of death, which I don’t believe it does when you look at the data, then it should be my choice. The part that really bothers me is unintended consequences. There were 100,000 more heart attack deaths in 2021 than 2020 according to the CDC. I know they’ve blamed Covid but that increase didn’t start until about March of 2021. Very convenient to blame Covid a year after the fact when a few months previous to the trend going up, the vaccine was introduced…

Look at the quacks pushing hydro like it was the second coming…

Allan

1 Like

Then can I file my company as a religion and not pay taxes?

Feels like a devotion to me most of the time…

1 Like

Just gonna boost this

1 Like

It doesn’t. There is no ministry of religion. You and could start a religion right now, and it would be valid.

The only validity test for a religion in this country is administered by the IRS, who rules only on tax exempt status.

Welcome to the forum, BTW

This is extremely inaccurate.

You can file your company as a non-profit and not pay taxes. That’s why churches are exempt.

Um, no, I can’t. Non profits have specific criteria as well, and our company would not meet them.

Churches are exempt because they are a religious churches.

No, it’s not.

New deaths per 100,000 spikes:
April 2020: 0.681
July 2020: 0.339
January 2021: 1.03
September 2021: 0.637
February 2022: 0.788

This last spike was at a time when more than 90% of those over 50 were vaccinated, yet 93% of the deaths were still in that age group and the February spike was higher than 3 of the previous 4 spikes. The deaths per 100,000 from the beginning of the Pandemic to January 1st, 2021 when the vaccine started coming out was 0.371.
Start - Jan 1, 2021: 0.370
Jan 1, 2021- July 1, 2021: 0.434
July 1, 2021 to Jan1 2022: 0.362
Jan 1 2022 to Present: 0.470
Overall: 0.398

With more than 90% of the over 50 population being vaccinated, I would expect the rate per 100,000 to be FAR lower than prior to the vaccine. I certainly wouldn’t expect it to be higher than at any time since the start.

Um, no. They’re exempt because they’re non-profits. I know the lie people like to tell is because they’re churches but a church operates the same as a non-profit. They are a 501(C)(3)

To be tax-exempt under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, an organization must be organized and operated exclusively for exempt purposes set forth in section 501(c)(3), and none of its earnings may inure to any private shareholder or individual.

1 Like

there is no 50+ age group. There is over 18 and over 65.

The over 18 is currently 73%