Wisconsin company gets employee's a great Christmas gift!

Search the forum for where I’ve deleted and banned members for posting vulgar messages. Your inferences are vulgar and we can end this conversation my way or my way. The choice is mine.

1 Like

It’s no Jelly of the Month Club membership…

I guess if you work at a company where bullets are incorporated into your products that you’re probably a gun fan, right?

16 more households with a markedly higher chance for death or suicide.

Baby Jesus is so proud this was done in his name.

1 Like

No kidding. I bet this is the best advertising they could have hoped for. And it didn’t cost them a dime (unless you count the cost of the guns for presents). I bet they’re flooded with gun enthusiasts who have read the story, want to support a pro-gun business, and wouldn’t mind having something with a bullet in it as a talking piece. Bravo on the company’s marketing department.

Thats the gift that keeps giving, all year long!

1 Like

Let us explore what happened in Wisconsin.

That company gave 16 employees guns, a tool that is a means to protect themselves, true.

It also gave them a means to gain a fun activity, that of sport target shooting, or perhaps even pistol hunting, if that is legal in Wisconsin and the guns received are up to that task.

Yes, yes they did.

If those 16 people have children in their households though that company just made it 100% more likely one or more of those children could be injured or killed via that handgun being in the house as opposed to it not being there.

But what the heck, with great freedom we must assume there will be greater, acceptable risks, right?

*Firearms are the third leading cause of injury death for Wisconsin children, and they have killed more children in Wisconsin than drowning, fires, and falls combined.

We also pay a high price when children are injured by firearms. For every child fatality from guns, there are five hospitalizations or emergency room visits for Wisconsin children injured by firearms. Those visits incur an average of $2.6 million in health care costs each year.

http://kidsforward.net/publication/child-death-toll-wisconsin-children-killed-guns/

If none of those households had a gun in it before this but had someone suffering any type of depression that may cause suicidal thoughts and possible deeds then that company just gave that person a quick and handy way to commit suicide. Suicide by gun in Wisconsin is already a severe problem.

*Nearly three of every four gun deaths in Wisconsin are suicides, according to a 2017 study by UW-Madison researchers reported in the Wisconsin Medical Journal. That’s well above the national average of 60%, a number that’s been on the rise for years.

That is ok, those company guns will keep them all safe, right!

*The gun death rate in Wisconsin has climbed since the U.S. Supreme Court ruled there is a right to keep a handgun in the home for self-defense.

The firearm death rate in the state in 2009 was 8.08 per 100,000. The firearm death rate in Wisconsin in 2016 was 11.49 per 100,000, according to an analysis was conducted by the Violence Policy Center. The firearm death rate percent change from 2009 to 2016 was 42.2 percent.

Gun deaths in the United States jumped 17 percent since 2008.

Mere anecdotal coincidence. Those stats have nothing to do with the great 2nd Amendment deed this company just did for their employees.

*[Based on 2004 stats as compiled in a Research Study.]

Simply put: for every time a gun in or around the home was used in self-defense, or in a legally justified shooting, there were four unintentional shootings, seven criminal assaults or homicides, and 11 attempted or completed suicides.

That’s one self-defense shooting for 22 accidental, suicidal or criminal shootings – hardly support for the notion that having a gun handy makes people safer.

Other studies show that women and children are disproportionately the victims of such gunshots, and that when children commit suicide, guns in their home or at their friends or relatives’ homes are used.

2004 Research Study Link: Injuries and deaths due to firearms in the home - PubMed

6 Likes

Jesus wept.
John 11:35

2 Likes

And why in the world would you impose a gun on someone that hasn’t asked for one? Not everyone wants to be in that club.

What do you want to bet that company policy is no firearms allowed on company property?

So every gun owner is going to “splatter someone’s brains on the sidewalk”?

It’s like those logic problems…All zigs are zogs. But not all zogs are zags. Are all zigs, zags?

Not all gun owners murder with guns. But all murder with guns are done by gun owners. Are all gun murders gun owners?

Issued to the postal police? That would make sense. But as Christmas gifts, that doesn’t sound right.

If a person has stolen a gun from a gun owner, are they now a gun owner?

And yet we have a firearm homicide every 54 minutes and a mass shooting every month and a half. That’s a lot of brains being splattered.

1 Like

You realize I’m sure I was just having semantic fun with your question.

But yes, even if the gun is stolen, the person using the gun is technically a gun owner.

The odds of you, or someone in your family, having their brains splattered go up dramatically if you have guns in your house.

1 Like

20+ years and nada

It’s my risk to take. Don’t want it, fine. Don’t own a firearm.

What you don’t think that giving one tool man makes that has only on purpose, to kill another of Gods creatures is not a christian value?

2 Likes

Or you pull out that gun to protect your family and some idiot cops shoots you splattering your brains all over the sidewalk.

1 Like