Wisconsin Brewery Mass Murder

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/4889110002

The alleged gunman was identified as Anthony N. Ferrill, 51, who had worked as an electrician for more than 20 years, according to a law enforcement source who spoke to the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel and online employment records.

This one was not the usual. His age. His race. He used two handguns.

From the second link

A co-worker who asked not to be identified for fear of being disciplined said that Ferrill believed he was being discriminated against because he was African-American and that he frequently argued with at least one of the victims, a fellow electrician.

The co-worker said Ferrill often watched movies on his phone during the day, which the other electrician took issue with, and that the two accused each other of going into each others’ offices and stealing tools or tampering with computer equipment.

2 Likes

Patterns… :man_shrugging:

I heard about this yesterday. Sad…very sad. I wish those being confronted all had guns too.

3 Likes

It’s a sad day when someone thinks every single person who works somewhere needs to carry a gun around with them at all times.

The sadder thing is that we’ve reached the stage where it’s true.

5 Likes

It sure will be. Ping us when it actually comes.

The sadness shouldn’t be in the need for the response, but rather in the cause for that response.

We’ve become a sick, selfish, combative culture where respect for the life of others is far too often evaporating. Too many people seek to eliminate those who get in their way. We’ve abandoned basic morality in favor of personal hedonic responses.

4 Likes

The huge majority of killings are done with pistols. So what happens after we ban AR’s and gun crimes are not reduced? What will the next move be?

2 Likes

5 people…

Do you think if he went into work with two ARs the body count would still be five people?

Gun laws are not passed to protect people from once instance. They meant to protect everybody. And pistols cause far more carnage. Doesn’t it make sense to target the biggest threat first?

Helluva post. It’s a garbage society.

I wasn’t clear. It was unusual because of race and age, mostly race.

The two hand guns was a different observation.

My apologies.

Stop.

I don’t and…I don’t carry one. Read again what I said…and I stick by it.

Interesting post Alex. You feel like bandits and savages disappeared because somebody declared your garbage society “civilized”?

“Civilized” is a thin veneer, a disguise for an excuse to control.

2 Likes

That’s one hell of a straw man. Nobody but you is making such a claim.

Not much chance he’d have even made it out of the parking lot with them.

Valid question. I’m going to say no, I’ve shot two M4s. Very difficult to hit anything smaller than a barn.

1 Like

The only thing that keeps us civilized is a fear of consequences.

1 Like

Why do you say that?

Because chances are everyone in the parking lot would have dialed 9-11 immediately.