Wisconsin Brewery Mass Murder

I couldn’t disagree more. We aren’t “civilized” at all.

The etymology of the word is interesting:
from Latin civilis “relating to a citizen, relating to public life, befitting a citizen; popular, affable, courteous,” alternative adjectival derivative of civis “townsman”

And the response time?

As it is used today we are, at least to varying degrees.

No telling but if they have any sort of decent security the building would instantly go into lock down as soon as it was reported.

Obviously not.

I think that is a supposition of facts not in evidence.

All what if’s are supposition.

Some more than others?

I think the point a’13 is making is that today’s proposed “common sense” gun laws won’t do much (if anything!) at changing the trajectory of contemporary gun violence. I think we both know altair isn’t suggesting increased gun grabbing. (At least that’s my take.) He’s asking leading questions to get grabbers to consider the fecklessness of their positions (and the requisite next steps – that will also be feckless.)

Mass shootings are a matter of the evil in the shooter’s heart. Even, in most cases, single-victim shootings. Laws won’t change the evil in a man’s heart.

3 Likes

He’s giving them ideas.

I have no doubt that those ideas (and far more) are already in the long-term vision of serious gun grabbers. Bump stocks and AR15s aren’t their end game, by a long shot.

2 Likes

Nope, just the low hanging fruit, that’s all they’ve ever been.

The objective is to remove them and then when we still have mass shootings with handguns, handguns will be next.

1 Like

Remember when the “assault weapons ban” prohibited pistol mags over 10? You 'member.

1 Like

Indeed I do. I also remember it had no measurable effect on crime at all.

I am unable to see what part of my post you are quoting unless you use the quote function. I appreciate that it’s only my out of date browser that has the problem and others aren’t affected, but it would really help me out if you’d us the quote function.

What claim am I making?

Altair said he wished everyone else would have had guns - then presumably the perp would have been killed before he’d had a chance to kill most of his victims.

I guess my claim was that everyone does need a gun, because of the anarchic society that Sneaky believes exists…

So how to control anarchy?

“Take away guns” as conservatives claims dems want to do (when all they and other sensible people want is better gun control) so an anarchist fired from his job for cause can’t come back and kill five people- or arm everybody so a would be mass murderer will become the first victim of his rage.

Seems like that’s are only two choices.

This is.

It’s a sad day when someone thinks every single person who works somewhere needs to carry a gun around with them at all times.

When democrats say they want to ban and confiscate firearms it means they want to ban and confiscate firearms.

Okay, what you quoted in your response to me was my take on Altair’s response to this mass murder. “If only they had had guns too,” he’d said.

Surely that means he believes that if all those victims had had guns, they could have killed the bastard (hope the filter catches that) before he’d shot them all.

Democrats want to ban and confiscate certain firearms. Not all guns.

And I see the filter didn’t remove bastard, so I guess it’s okay to use? I can’t think of any other meaning of bastard but the context in which I’m using it.

There you go again… .

Surely that means he believes that if all those victims had had guns, they could have killed the bastard (hope the filter catches that) before he’d shot them all.

Even a small percentage of people carrying would have changed the equation completely.

All it takes is one person to stop a potential mass shooter or at least delay them long enough to keep the casualties to a minimum.

Nobody but you said “all firearms” but if you want to go there… .

Sometimes they screw up and say what they really mean.

True…but if you don’t know someone else is packing, you have to pack too, right?

Here’s the stance of various Democrat candidates - most out of the race, admittedly.

That’s a really stupid premise.

I’m going to carry where I legally can no matter who else or how many are carrying.