Will you get a "mandated" COVID vaccine?

I was browsing the Facebook page of an evangelical radio and YouTuber, Todd Friel.

I didn’t watch the video in question, but if the responses from his facebook page are any judge, he told people not to get the COVID vaccine because aborted babies were used in the production of it.

And all the responders state that they will not get a vaccine because only God has the right to tell them what should go into their bodies.

Anyone here feel the same way?

And if you say no, is it because you don’t believe in vaccines or because you believe COVID is a hoax?

I figure enough people will voluntarily get it to let me wait and see what the general outcome is. :smile:

If people don’t start dropping dead or turning blue, green or purple en masse, than I will get the shot. :smile:

I plan on getting the vaccine when it comes out. If it causes me to generate fangs and a tail, you guys on the Forum will be the first to know :smiling_imp:

1 Like

Everything you need to know is right there.

even the most communist fascist of leftists know mandatory vaccines mean bold middle fingers in their faces.

When I was a kid and the polio vaccine came out, nobody had to be mandated. Parents far and wide wanted their kids to be first in line for the sugar cube. They saw enough other kids paralyzed from polio.

When it came to our town, the whole town was lined up. I saw all the kids in my class, all the kids I knew from church, everyone I knew from my neighborhood, and a sea of other people.

This current pandemic has become so politicized, and social media has amplified animosity on both sides (not only of this issue, but just about any other). It’s amazing to me the fortresses and battlements each side has erected. And the other side had almost become a mortal enemy.

There shouldn’t have to be a mandate. Without the media fueled war zone, I think people would be lining up for this one too. But the moats have been dug, and now it comes down to this.

It’s sad, really.

As for me, I haven’t ever gotten a flu shot, but I’ll be getting this vaccine.

4 Likes

Based on a video you didn’t watch and comments you are commenting on?

I say no because the OP is incredibly weak.

My doctor advised me to definitely get a flu shot this year. Reasons - colder weather may mean more people indoors and greater spread of CoVid, we don’t need people with flu and CoVid overcrowding facilities, being sick from flu and CoVid at the same time could be really really bad, and flu shot may actually help protect from CoVid.

I don’t understand your response.

You’re not going to get a COVID vaccine (should we ever get one) because I didn’t watch a video and went instead by responses to that video?

Or no you’re not going to answer my question because I didn’t watch the video but instead went by responses to the video.

How about this site, where evangelical Christians are afraid such a vaccine will inject a tracking device into their bodies?

If you (generally, not you personally) are stupid enough to base your position on things you read on Facebook and YouTube, then you are stupid enough that if you die of COVID-19 nobody will really miss you.

1 Like

I agree with you for the most part. Then add conspiracy theories into the mix. I’m just not sure I’d compare it to Polio. That was pretty contagious and people actually feared it. I don’t think the level of fear is the same with Covid.

I too never got a flu shot, and never had the flu. I probably won’t get the Covid vaccine either. But it has nothing to do with politics. I’m just not that worried about it. I’m rarely ever in a high risk situation, and if you could catch it off of surfaces I probably would have gotten it by now. So I’ll be waiting for the lines to get shorter like I do at a buffet.

You have misunderstood the point.

I agree that there is plenty of garbage on Facebook and YouTube, and that just because someone has a YouTube channel where they talk about evangelical Christianity, or atheism, or this that or the other does not make them actual experts on the topic they prattle about, let alone COVID vaccines.

The point, however, is that there are people in the US who will refuse to get the COVID vaccine for whatever reason.

Many believe COVID is a hoax designed to destroy Trump’s attempts at a new term. Would such people get a vaccine when they don’t believe in the disease itself?

Then again, others won’t get a vaccine because it actually is made up of stemcells from a feotus that was aborted in 1975. (I guess it’s one of those immortal genes, like the cells taken from the African American woman Henrietta Lacks that are still viable to this day.)

Because the vaccine comes from that ‘tainted’ source, certain Christians don’t want it.

And then there are the people from the other link I provided, who think that the COVID vaccine will be nothing more than a subtle way for the Illuminati or some other evil organization to inject them with a tracking device. (And yes, those folks need to take of their tinfoil hats.)

So, Samm, based on what you believe about COVID, would you get a vaccine. (And if it were mandated, would you refuse it - just as there are folks who would wear seat belts but refuse to do so because they don’t think the government has the right to mandate seatbelt use.)

And on a side note…this is scary…

That’s a good point. I haven’t known anyone who either allegedly or provably died from Covid19, so I won’t be in the puddle of people lining up to get it.

An interesting criteria for not getting the vaccine.

How many people do you know?

Once there is a legit vaccine (not the rushed trump for president one coming in November)

I will be number one in line.

Allan

Depends on if I already have antibodies or not.

I am not getting a COVID vaccine before election day. I don’t trust the Trump Administration.

And you missed my point, so we’re even. :wink:

Yes, I expect that when it is offered (I am in priority group 2) I will likely get vaccinated.

If it turns out to be a vaccine that is rushed through the safety trials for political reasons, then no, I won’t take it. I’ll wait until a safe vaccine arrives.

LOL Do you seriously think the medical professionals who are developing and testing the vaccine would jeopardize their careers and reputation simply because Trump wants them to expedite the production of a vaccine?

By the way, there are currently 32 potential vaccines under development … which one is the “rushed by Trump for President” one?