Will Trump ruin the Georgia runoff again?

Fading chance, but a chance non-the less.

The vast majority of the remaining vote is in Kelly-friendly counties — Maricopa (Kelly plus-8) and Pima (Kelly plus-26). But Masters could actually make up ground with the remaining Maricopa votes, given that Republicans do well on late mail ballots in the state, and there are as many as a half-million uncounted votes in that county alone. (Arizona was the rare state in 2020 in which Donald Trump gained in late counting.) What’s clear for now is that Masters is running well behind the GOP nominee in the governor’s race, Kari Lake, and could lose even if she pulls out a win.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2022/11/09/senate-2022-nevada-arizona-georgia/

2 Likes

Lake still has a good chance, although I note Hobbs’ lead, after shrinking from 30,000 to 4,000, is now back to 13,000.

Masters has pretty much no shot to catch Kelly, as it appears you also pointed out.

I suspect Lake will win and Masters will not. The Lake race is razor thin anyway.

1 Like

Weird how there’s been no information about the “suspicious” white powder that Lake claims was delivered to her Phoenix office 4 days ago. Not a single word in the news. Oh, and the office reopened the next day.

Most likely outcome.

Still hoping for a pleasant surprise with Masters.

2 Likes

I’m hoping but a bit pessimistic. :smile:

I can’t read the Post…it’s behind a paywall.

Where are they getting that Maricopa is Kelly +8 and Pima is Kelly +26?

Is that from them predicting that most of the outstanding vote in those two counties favors Lake?

Biden won those two counties in 2020. Those are traditionally Dem counties.

PS never mind…I was conflating Kelly with Lake in my mind.

The story makes complete sense.

Interestingly enough, most of the GOP candidates did pretty well in GA Tuesday - with the notable exception of Herschel Walker who was pretty much the last guy standing who was endorsed and pushed by Trump. (I believe Trump did say something nice once about the Lt. Governor candidate, but he seemed to try to distance himself from Trump later.)

With GA, it seems that the harder Trump tries to push a candidate, the more likely it is that GA will reject that candidate. We saw that play out in the primaries this year - particularly with David Perdue.

If I were in Hershel Walker’s shoes, my response when asked anything about Trump would be “Donald who?? Never heard of him.”

1 Like

Shut up.
Shut up.
SHUT UP!!!

2 Likes

Reminds me of a clip…

So what I hear you saying is Trump can ruin the runoff by getting TOO involved in it.

1 Like
2 Likes

Trump will convince Walker to do rallies across the state. He did great in the midterms. :grin:

1 Like

Why would there be? You think testing gets down immediately?

Trump Announcement on November 15th:

“I have decided that my magnificence is no longer need in the White House. That I can be much more effective at MAGA working behind the scenes to handpick the next generation of great MAGA leaders at local, state, and Congressional levels.

Therefore I’ve decided to move on to shaping the future of the MAGA world and will not be taking a second term as President. I mean why take a second term? Everyone says that the first one was perfect and I agree.”

[/s]

WW

I am hearing reports that the majority of Trump’s staff is trying to convince him to delay any announcement until after the Georgia runoff is done. IMO Trump doesn’t care about any of it. He will do what he wants and when he wants and to hell with anything else. And the downside is that IMO Trump Supporters won’t care.

That debt was paid…he was awarded president.

3 Likes

Would they have reopened the office the next day without knowing?

A debt that can be paid by his taking a well earned respectable retirement, like Jimmy Carter (not so much like Bill Clinton).

Ha ha ha ha ha ha…no.

Do you know Trump?