Will trump attend Barbara Bush's funeral?

To be fair, it is traditional for the first lady to attend the funerals of previous presidents and first ladies. It’s perfectly fine that Melania went instead of Trump. He’s probably paying his respects from the White House.

Riiiiiight! His dump ass will be playing golf…guess where? Lol!

1 Like

Obama didn’t attend Nancy Reagan’s funeral and was lambasted for it by more than a few conservatives iirc.

Well, he does a lot of things badly but not attending the funeral doesn’t qualify. There is precedent here and most sitting Presidents send the FLOTUS to attend these things.

He can golf.

1 Like

It doesn’t bother me if President Donald Trump is absent from this funeral. Sending the First Lady Melania Trump is the right move in my opinion.

Side note: Saw a pic of Former President George H W Bush sitting there alone with Barbara’s coffin. Just got all choked up.

:disappointed_relieved:

That piece of crap shouldn’t attend anyone’s funeral. He just does not know how to act in adult situations.

2 Likes

The only exceptions in the last 70 years:
JFK went to Eleanor Roosevelt’s funeral.
Bill Clinton went to Jacqueline Kennedy’s funeral.

Not sad at all…appropriate is the correct word.

Appears it tradition for the first lady to attended a former first lady’s funeral.

from the article:

The last president to attend a first lady’s funeral was John F. Kennedy, who went to Eleanor Roosevelt’s service in 1962.

Now lets hear you get on Obomanations case:

Former president Barack Obama did not attend Nancy Reagan’s funeral in 2016 or Betty Ford’s in 2011, and Bill Clinton did not attend the funeral of Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis.

On to the next Trump Outrage!

2 Likes

Actually Billy boy spoke at the graveside, but did not attend Jackie O’s funderal

OK Thanks for the correction.

And they would be Outraged if he did go.
Because it would be disrespectful to the Bush Family for showing up.

It was going to be a no win either way.

^ The current state of our presidency.

And I remember the RW outrage over Obama not going.

2 Likes

Donny is always a distraction. Thats his game.
https://www.cbsnews.com/video/barbara-bush-i-dont-know-how-women-can-vote-for-donald-trump/

But at least it will be a “beautiful day!”

1 Like

They won’t

Yes, I remember.

This will go over well…at the funeral: