Will there be riots? My bet is yes

Well, have fun with no cops in your area. We will keep and respect ours and see who gets better results for their citizens

I’d prefer that cops are held responsible for their actions. If they can’t handle that, they need to find a new profession. Holding them responsible is not disrespectful. And again, if they can’t handle that, ■■■■ 'em.

1 Like

Also, what an sad indictment on law enforcement. Literally 5 of their own are held accountable for murdering someone in the past 20 years and their reaction is to quit. Sad.

1 Like

Even the cops who murder people in the street like Chauvin did? Have fun with that.

I respect officers who also show respect for the community. We here in Dover have great police officers.

30 years ago I would not have said so but things have changed dramatically for the better.

Allan

What does keeping and respecting cops have to do with this trial, where a cop who murdered a man was held accountable?

Sounds to me like if someone did this in your town, you’d argue to ignore it.

All I’m saying, is that could be kind of fun. :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

So we are supposed to do nothing when cops commit egregious crimes?

They are not our superiors. They are not better than us.

They are subject to the same laws as any other citizen. Chauvin committed murder. He has had due process throughout the trial. He has been justly convicted.

1 Like

There was zero doubt because of the video that most Americans have seen.

It wasn’t a show trial.

Our cops don’t kill people much, but they were hired by and are controlled by conservatives and the public is fairly well behaved, also being conservative for the most part. You haven’t noticed this is largely an urban problem yet?

You wrote:

It seems to me you’re suggesting that if urban areas “keep and respect” their cops, including the murderous ones, given the context of this thread, that they’ll get “better results.” No?

As for being “controlled by conservatives,” the Minneapolis police union chief who oversaw the department when Chauvin killed Floyd was a major Trump supporter:

The majority of the public in the United States isn’t conservative.

Allan

36-35-25 elected joe Biden the moderate.

Allan

The top charge was unintentional second degree murder.

He resisted being placed into the back seat of the police car. That’s why they pulled him out and put him on the ground. Had he gone quietly, he would probably be alive today … if he didn’t overdose or have a heart attack on his own, that is.

It’s very simple. If he hadn’t resisted, he would have been driven to the station and booked instead of being killed. Same goes for that kid who was killed by the cop who mistakenly thought she was firing her taser. If he hadn’t jumped back in his car and started to drive away, he would have been booked, not killed.

2 Likes

Stop right there. Resisting doesn’t give police the right to kill.

Allan

2 Likes

It’s funny… All the Cons on here that have a problem with governmental authority have no problem with authoritarian Cops…Strange.

1 Like

Weird, huh?:upside_down_face:

Key word: murder