Will there be riots? My bet is yes

I don’t support the rioting but Chauvin didn’t care if he lived or died.

That’s not an accident. It’s immoral indifference.

3 Likes

:+1::100:!!!

Lol you are determined to defend this guy.

“He didn’t actively want to kill him he just didn’t care if he died, that’s the same as an accident.” Lol

1 Like

Tommy,
It’s deeper than that. The police, by their actions should never, not take proper care to ensure that a person in their custody does not die, while in their custody. This officer did not do that, he is guilty of that crime. And now he must pay the price for that.

Nope- now it’s officially a murder.

I believe only first degree murder requires intent. 99 percent of the population was appalled when they saw the video. 95 percent still are.

Murder 2 usually requires intent as well.

Chauvin was convicted under what’s called a felony murder law.

1 Like

And people should never, ever resist police. That needs to be driven home. The risk of death increase exponentially when a scuffle is involved. Don’t scuffle. Am I right?

1 Like

I don’t disapprove of the verdict I wish however politicians would stay out of it. It’s as if the county is eating popcorn waiting for the next case to come around.

I saw where Obama waded into the discussion and tweeted he was happy the jury returned the right verdict. I don’t remember him tweeting that the jury returned the wrong verdict on the child murderer Casey Anthony being set free.

I have np with verdict it looked horrible however politicians need to stay out of it. It can’t become guiltily or the city burns the new norm.

2 Likes

Politicians can express their opinion after the verdict like anyone else, I wish they would keep quiet during the trial.

I have never seen any video of Floyd actually resist arrest or threaten the officers in anyway. Where was the scuffle?

Not defending him. I think he was guilty but I also think there was reasonable doubt. That sometimes happens when you have a high bar for conviction. You know, better a hundred guilty go free than one innocent be jailed kind of thing.

Consequently I am not losing sleep over his conviction.

Not losing sleep over it either, but there was zero doubt the verdict that would be handed down or there would 100% be rioting, burning, and looting in a city that has already had enough. I would never be a police officer, especially in this environment.

Biggest take away of this event and trial, if you are a cop, find another gig. I know at least one young rookie who got the message and changed careers already. Shame, he is a nice guy and would have made a good cop.

That’s a given. What does that have to do with his death.

Allan

Reining in the cops will help. Also, obviously, no riots. Prediction wrong.

And servile bootlicking of cop culture has to stop. It’s gross.

Instead of unseemly recommendations to never resist, like that’s a solution to an aggression problem, it’s time to take away the power, the support and approbation these adrenaline junkies get day the ■■■■ in and day the ■■■■ out.

4 Likes

You must be very disappointed this morning.

Odds are he won’t be for long.

Wow…what a night of rioting. Those people sure do know how to loot don’t they?

Sarcasm intended…

1 Like

If cops quit their jobs because they are upset about being held accountable for their actions, ■■■■ 'em.

3 Likes