Will there be a spring break Covid surge? Should we care?

It’s not a conspiracy.

I doubt it.

Agreed. Just how things shake out when driven in a largely free society by free market forces.

It’s not “free market” anything.

Oh? Hmm in another thread you just said I was the only one talking about conspiracies, but in this thread you mention academia, the press, movies and music as if they’re consciously controlled by unknown forces to produce certain outcomes, kind of like how an overarching conspiracy would go.

2 Likes

I love it when people tell people in the rear tell people who are on the front lines that they don’t know anything.

It’s priceless.

1 Like

Thanks anonymous poster. You shouldn’t assume so much.

1 Like

You should read it. Until then, I’m not wasting my time.

I love how my daily work gets turned into I know nothing…especially when this pandemic is caused by a made up Kung Fu Flu.

1 Like

Nobody said you knew nothing. I am just stating there is a certain fear coming from your posts. We have yet had any covid readmissions. People who had health problems before continue to do so after.
Being on the “frontlines” as you say, I would think you would know this.
Working on the frontlines you probably have heard the term covid recovered. That doesn’t seem like an ongoing problem.
Thankyou for your work though, my statement should not be taken as not acknowledging the hard work our Healthcare people are enduring.

1 Like

Not likely. Between all those who already have had the virus and developed immunity along with all those who’ve been vaccinated. That’s about 1/2 the country. Also factor in the % of people who have a natural immunity along with the daily additional numbers of people who are getting vaccinated every day along with getting into the warmer months.

If you combine immunity through infection and vaccinations about a third of the country is immune, it’s not projected to reach 70% until the end of the year.

There are rehospitalizations…not for covid, but for the many syndromes that long haulers are facing.

Yeah I look at the recovered numbers for my state and counties every day last week 97 percent were recovered and 1 percent were active. This week 2 percent are active. Recovered simply means they test negative. There are by far many people who are still fighting it even though negative and recovered.

Are you looking at the numbers for only documented infections? There are studies out there that put the immunity at 55 to 70 percent due to people like me who had it early before there were tests…or simply had it and didn’t get tested.

Those things probably upset people like Newsom, Whitmer, Cuomo, and other blue state govs who are enjoying their new found dictatorial control and powers.

Already made them pay, the new covid relief package is tied to unemployment numbers. States who didn’t shut down as drastically are mostly red and have half the UE rate.

2,200,000 a day for vaccines.

Vaccines have ramped up under the Biden admin.

Allan

1 Like

I’m just grateful that Biden didn’t ■■■■ that up like he did with border security.

2 Likes

The news media is run by people who would be yelling at school kids to get off the lawn. They really seem to hate people having fun…

1 Like

Like those “Spring Break Exposed” type pieces?

1 Like