Will there be a spring break Covid surge? Should we care?

Am I missing something? Samaritan’s purse was utilized in Central Park. They left, according to Franklin Graham, due to falling infection numbers. Planned on moving on to other world areas that needed help.

Here in my little Central Texas town there is a antique shop that has a sign on the door that masks are required. Last week multiple folks came into the shop without masks saying that they didn’t need them because our Governor had ended the requirement. And two of them said that they didn’t need them anyway because the virus was a hoax. So I believe that there are still some folks that don’t fully realize the risks.

2 Likes

Because people 40 to 55 are something along the lines of 30 times more likely to die from covid than little Tiff. So if Tiff can’t follow the guidelines and be safe. Mom and Dad still gotta worry.

And others who exaggerate the risks.

3 Likes

There’s only 50 states…now do the math?

And they all have the exact same population!

They left because not enough patients were sent to them to warrant them being there. Now think…we’re infection numbers falling a month after they got there? How about two months? How many elderly died because infected patents were sent into uninfected nursing homes? Could they not have utilized the generosity of Samaritan’s purse instead?

1 Like

If you are under the age of 75 there is very little to fear.

This is more of an obese and elderly killer.

We needed the vaccine just to talk sense into so many scared media consumers.

1 Like

You do realize that jersey ranks 11th in total population out of the 50.

Allan

What is your basis for saying the vulnerable population is no longer vulnerable?

And what of:

• Those people who got COVID and didn’t get seriously ill, hospitalized or died, but became long-haulers?
  • Those people who didn’t get seriously ill but are suffering from long-term issues such as lung and heart problems?
  • Those young, healthy people who didn’t get acutely ill at all but are suffering from the same problems?
  • The UK variant poised to become the dominant strain in all 50 states

These are going to be chronic stresses on our health care system and dampeners to future economic productivity but those who say we should just fire back open with the end nearly, but not quite, in sight, are completely ignoring.

You think this is wise?

Or is this typical human short-sightedness…of failure to see the slow changes to the background environment because humans are severely hard-wired to respond to immediate changes/threats/opportunities at the expense of future changes/threast/opportunities?

1 Like

Dude, they made the decision to pull out of Central Park in May. Cases in New York had been falling since April 14. Franklin Graham said they left because the infections had fallen so much. They were not needed anymore.

And your nursing home concern is not supported by the data. By May, the nursing home death rate in the NY metro area had dropped back to 2019 levels. Graph below shows death rate in NYC area nursing homes.

I see goverment basically gave us permission to hang out with other people indoors without masks as long as they’re vaccinated…or even not vaccinated that aren’t at serious risk.

That;s mighty nice of CDC.

4 Likes

122,262 died under Biden watch.

2 Likes

I think most people have been hanging out with small groups of friends throughout this thing so that’s nothing new.

Washington state has million less people with less then 1/4 of New Jersey deaths.

In fact New Jersey was even worst then New York in nursing home deaths.

Either way both governors are guilty of killing it senior citizens with their deadly policies.

And that is a fact.

2 Likes

But now we have been given the freedom. By the CDC.

1 Like

I guess I just took my own freedom. I even had to cross state lines to hangout with some of my friends.

Scofflaw

I sincerely hope there is not a “surge”.

What does long haulers mean? We haven’t seen any long term effects of those recovered requiring hospitalization. The Chinese flu looks like it’s running its course and we are seeing the end of it.