Will the postal union decide the election?

That is awesome that they are doing that.

I would however like to see another box added.

“Absentee ballot counted”.

Received and counted are two different things. That is the issue we are dealing with currently in our ■■■■■■ up primary.

I guess that doesn’t show how.

How what?

How a person (mail carrier) could “lose” a mail carrier box full of ballots enroute?

If it does not get there what are you supposed to do?

In California, there are no polling places open on election day. In Wisconsin are you supposed vote in person if the mail-in ballot does not arrive by election day?

How many people bother to check that the ballot was delivered?

You are in a town of about 4000 people right? How may absentee ballots could realistically be mailed to your local post office that then delivers those ballots to your local courthouse?
Let’s say that 10% of the total population of your rural area cast a mail in ballot. That is 400 ballots. How many of those ballots can be ‘lost’ or not delivered to the courthouse before something looks fishy? If none of those 400 ballots are delivered, surely a red flag would be noticed.

In order for this conspiracy to work and actually effect the election, the postal workers union would have to conspire to do this on a grand scale in multiple rural areas in your state.

Is this how?

You vote in person with a provisional ballot. If they haven’t received your ballot by the deadline, then they’ll process the provisional. All of this can be tracked online.

http://appft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Parser?Sect1=PTO1&Sect2=HITOFF&d=PG01&p=1&u=/netahtml/PTO/srchnum.html&r=1&f=G&l=50&s1=20200258338.PGNR.&OS=&RS=

Inventors: Goswami; Dhananjay ; (Buffalo Grove, IL) ; Lagneaux; Angela M. ; (Annapolis, MD) ; Venkataraman; Mohan Swaminathan ; (Cary, NC) ; Henry; Wendy ; (Arlington, VA) ; Shrestha; Aashish ; (Morrisville, NC) ; Dearing; Stephen M. ; (Herndon, VA)

Applicant: Name City State Country Type
United States Postal Service Washington DC US
Family ID: 1000004655730
Appl. No.: 16/785354
** Filed: February 7, 2020 **

Are you under the impression that the county clerk can make you return a requested ballot and if enough people don’t return them they make a point to investigate why and where they are? lol

PS. my COUNTY is 4000, not my town.

Did you intentionally miss the points laid out for you or did you just not understand?

No, I just think it’s fun watching everyone continually switch gears with every post.

So you work in a post office as a contractor. What if the new bill is a lot like the one that is stalled. By that I mean a few billion dollars to make sure THIS election goes off with funding. Then a huge 25 billion dollar LOAN to the postal service.

Did anyone explain to the postal employee’s that money will need to be repaid? If the rate commission doesn’t fund it fully that there will have to be cuts AFTER the election? Possibly even to contractors that work in the post office? Was that explained to you?/

Weill be interesting to see if Queen Pelosi’s new bill does that same thing won’t it?

1 Like

Here in Utah, all mail goes to either Salt Lake, or Las Vegas for sorting and delivery. Southern Counties the mail goes to Vegas, Northern counties goes to Salt Lake.

Imagine if bags of mail from the rural conservative utah counties show up in Las Vegas. Someone has to take them off the truck. Someone has to move them to where the sorting machines are.

except for the operating decficit and the fact that they can’t have a running debit. The post office has been consolidating and trying to find ways to save money for years. I mean how long ago was it that they were threatening to stop Saturday delivery (and that wasn’t under Trump).

This isn’t Trump’s doing. He just brought in a business person (not a politician) to run the postal service and make it run within the budget and rates that the Postal Commission has set.

Here in Utah, they took out all sorting machines. The drop box inside is for all mail (they removed the local delivery option slot about 10 years ago). Same with the mail box outside. Now both say ALL mail. Same with every county around me in Rural Utah. There is NO local sorting, there hasn’t been for years.

Now the fun part. If I mail a letter from here to two counties north of me. The letter gets bagged. Sent to Las Vegas, then a stack is sent to Salt Lake, where it is sorted and sent out to the individual post offices in the norther part of the state.

1 Like

What about the thousands of sorting machines that were removed PRIOR to Trump? Or the corner mailboxes that were removed PRIOR to Trump?

Relly the only thing that has slowed the mail is the reduction in overtime (you know by law they have to pay 1.5 times their wages (aka 50% more wages). The main reason is the budget the post office has. They can’t legally run a debt.

1 Like

A lot of the sorting machines have already been removed pre Trump. Here in Utah there is one sorting center. Salt Lake City. Serves half the state. The remainder of the state mail goes to a sorting center In Las Vegas. No more to remove in Utah. Other states are just now catching up to the Utah way the post office implimented a long long time ago.

1 Like

When else has the Post Office been under the gun to cut costs to keep from running a debt that they can’t legally run.

Now the Dem’s last bill only provided a few billion dollars to keep things running as is through the election, and billions more as a loan that the post office will have to figure the repayment into their ongoing budget. How is that going to effect postal operations?

Stop making them fund Healthcare benefits for employees not born yet.

Post office is the only government angecy required to fund 50 years of benefits in advance for employees not yet born.

you can solve this with a single bill remove the insane pension healthcare pre funding requirements installed in 2007 the post office will be running a surplus.

Who has decreed that less overtime is done by postal workers?