Will the GOP try to pivot away from trump and is it to late?

Yes, it has to be a crushing repudiation, Plot Against America style. The novel, not the miniseries.

1 Like

LOLā€¦ where exactly is Mukowsky pivoting from? Being against Trump to being more against Trump?

1 Like

Ok. I bet not.

Romney doesnā€™t care for Trump ? Gee, thatā€™s too bad :joy:

Welp, as long as this board and us posters are still around, we shall see.

Her endorsement is meaningless.

Neither did their dad, to which your answer was: ā€œHow hard is to be president anyway?ā€ and ā€œWhy not take a chance?ā€ Which will be the argument in 2024 if he wins, along with ā€œwell their dad won twice.ā€

1 Like

Well De Santis is determined to massacre wide swaths of his population to please Trump. In Godā€™s waiting room of all places. So that probably helps Biden.

1 Like

Heā€™s pivoting away from Trump. /sarcasm

I definitely donā€™t think Trump drops out. 99.9% sure he wonā€™t. I donā€™t see him being re-elected, but you (and others) are right. Itā€™s def. too early to tell.

Speaking of which, I think that money is poorly spent. Heā€™s got two big commercials playing here. One is criticizing Biden for being tough on crime. The other is prasing Trump as being ā€¦ wait for it - tough on crime.

2 Likes

My guess is that Trump Jr. has it sewed up for the Trump dynasty the way Jeb had it sewed up for the Bush dynasty.

Be that as it may, i am saying you are correct in stating that she isnā€™t pivoting since she was never in his camp

1 Like

I should hope so.

Trumps disapproval numbers are worse than anyone other than Carter at this point. That has to translate into something. I donā€™t know anyone who wouldnā€™t crawl on broken glass to vote against this guy.

Come 2024 and its between Doofus Jr and Duckworth, I bet Rs will not be going ā€œrogueā€ or voting Duckworth.

You have to keep in mind that of the four people ā€œrunningā€ the Trump campaign in sarcastic quotes, only one of them has any experience running big campaigns and no one is listening to him anyway. The other three are a website designer, a local political organizer indicted on campaign fraud and an android vampire and the android vampire is top dog.

2 Likes

I had such a strong dislike for Romney back in 2008 because I thought he was a complete charlatan - I mean obviously all politicians are, but I thought he was bad even for a politician. And since then, my respect for him has grown seemingly each year to where I think heā€™s probably one of the most sincere public servants we currently have. Am I wrong by guessing that your view has been close to the exact opposite ?

Or yā€™know, the Bush son who became president literally one president after his father. Great example bro.

1 Like

Wait, the Death Star was not a good campaign look? Bragging about 1 million tickets for a rally in Tulsa that drew only 6200 was not a look?

2 Likes

If I had thought Jr showed any capabilities I would have used the George example, not the Jeb example. Sorry you donā€™t understand.