Will The CIA's JFK Assassinated-Related Records Ever Get Released?

Oliver Stone. That hack.

My biggest complaint about him is that he thinks that his audience is stupid and it shows in his movies.

More than likely was the act of a few bad actors, they still should release the report it’s the conspiracy that never goes away. Not releasing hasn’t dampened it down any.

This is very true but he does have some classics. Though i would probably stop in there mid 90s for anything good.

He wrote Conan the Barbarian… so I will give him that.

His other stuff… can’t stand it.

1 Like

Nevermind he was a producer on the movies that i liked - freeway and people versus Larry Flynt.

Had Michael Bay directed the movie the action sequences would have been much more intense. :wink:

Yes, his JFK movie was the stupidest conspiracy theory in history.

1 Like

If it was a govt job, they would not need a russian. They already know who has threatened a president and all you have to do is have lax security, when the threat is high. Like letting him ride in an open car in LBJ land…

It would be a lot easier to deny involvement if the CIA and FBI simply ignored a foreign plot to kill the president than conducted an assassination themselves.

As far as international relations, if there is proof that Oswald was acting as Soviet agent when he killed Kennedy, would it matter? The Soviet Union has not existed for over 30 years. Any KGB agents would be either dead or over 80 years of age by now.

If the CIA has nothing to hide, then why is it so reluctant to release the documents?

The killing of Oswald soon after the assassination is a related mystery.

1 Like

I can’t think of any other reason to keep it secret than our governments involvement at this late date.

Hey! Oswald was from New Orleans, not Texas.

Or possibly they let co conspirators off the hook for “reasons”.

I don’t think anything harmful to the narrative, upsetting the status quo, will ever be released again. I think they learned their lesson with the Tuskegee revelations.

According to Greenwald, Trump was seriously considering releasing the CIA’s JFK files along with pardoning Assange and Snowden. He relented when it became clear that key Republicans in the Senate would vote to remove him from office and ban him from future elections.

Donald Trump was considering pardoning both Snowden and Assange, he was considering declassifying the JFK files. He was considering a whole variety of other acts that the establishment in Washington, meaning the establishment wings of all parties or petrified he was going to do . . .

They were making very clear to him explicitly clear Republican senators like Lindsey Graham and Marco Rubio and Mitch McConnell that if you do any of those things that you are considering doing, pardoning Assange and Snowden, declassifying JFK files, declassifying other secrets that should have been declassified long ago because they’re from decades old treachery on the part of the US government, we will vote to impeach you. They had this leverage the sword of Damocles hanging over his head….

My observation is that if the files show that the intel agencies killed a president in the 1960s and got away with it, the implication is that they can do the same now. Trump may have had more to fear than just being permanently removed from office.

Well, they don’t like to cooperate, and Oliver Stone is a very convincing man. :rofl:

1 Like

A working assumption should be that lack of transparency means that the government is guilty.

There is no logical reason to keep 60-year-old files classified other than they show that elements of the intelligence agencies were involved in the assassination.

1 Like

If operation north woods was deemed acceptable for release, then imagine what was too shocking for release.

1 Like

I’ve been told that much of the construction industry in Dallas had some level of mob control. To find the purported hoboes with expensive shoes maybe they should look for a home (in the chimney or foundation) begun around that time but not sold or occupied for for several years?

1 Like

maybe… but who has a microfiche reader anymore?

1 Like

What I don’t understand is why Trump didn’t release them in full. He has no stake in any of those agencies. It seems that he’d be the perfect guy to release them.