Will The CIA's JFK Assassinated-Related Records Ever Get Released?

Back in the 1990’s, congress set 25-year limit on release of secret files related to President Kennedy’s assassination. Both Trump and Biden have both extended the limit based on demands from the CIA.

The files are 60 years old. Most of the people involved are dead. Why keep them secret?

The CIA had a policy of assassination of foreign leaders to protect national security that was only revealed in the mid-1970s. What if the CIA had determined that the president was a threat to national security? Is that a possible explanation for refusal to release the records?

For background, here is the most recent postponement from the Biden Administration:

Accordingly, by the authority vested in me as President by the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America, including section 5(g)(2)(D) of the Act, I hereby certify that all information within records that agencies have proposed for continued postponement under section 5(g)(2)(D) shall be withheld from full public disclosure until December 15, 2022.

Well it’s not like the people are supposed to be in charge of the country or anything.

1 Like

We just pay our taxes and fight the wars.

Actual democracy is a threat to national security.

3 Likes

Probably.

A rare moment of agreement with the OP. It is past due time to release this.

“Will The CIA’s JFK Assassinated-Related Records Ever Get Released?”

Not while some of the perps are still alive. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Lot of 911 stuff still classified as well. Wouldn’t want people getting mad at the Saudi’s

3 Likes

I would really like that released as well. The American people need to know what bad actors that regime really is.

2 Likes

The only answer that makes any sense.

1 Like

Usually, when they do something like that, it’s to protect national secrets of some kind.

For example, records of the Navaho Code Talkers from World War II were classified until the late 1960’s. This was because the Army was still using Code Talkers during the Vietnam War, and declassifying at that point in time could have been disastrous.

Will be interesting to see what they are keeping secret for this to not get unclassified by now.

Where did you get that?

It’s common sense…would you divulge tactics you’re actually using in war?

There may have been one talking to another somewhere in Vietnam, but it wasn’t a program then.

There were other means of encryption.

Release it!

I suspect that it’s not being released because cia or fbi will be implicated.

1 Like

I agree.

I suspect that it’s not being released purely because of politics and who trained and funded Oswald etc etc etc. Not the CIA or FBI but soviet union or the like.

Perhaps there should be a presidential pardon remove that excuse.

Anyone working for the CIA at the time of the Kennedy assassination should be in their late 70s or older by now.

The Soviet Union has not existed for 30 years. Who are they protecting?

Russian federation. Politics.

Yep every president promises to release and then…

There must be some serious ■■■■ in the release…

Allan