Will the Chief Justice even show up?

My opinion is that constitution doesn’t say he should and I explicitly said that doesn’t mean he won’t do it anyway.

If you’re asking me, then no. That is not my premise.

Is that a yes or no on standing behind your opinion?

It is more likely more of them could relate to Donald Trump than they could to people wanting to impeach someone after he left office so that they can prevent him ever running again. The Founding Fathers would insist this is something for the electorate to decide. They were against authoritarianism, and wanted freedom within the entire nation.

Isn’t it time to consider Congressional term limits?

2 Likes

Right. This question needs to be taken beyond this forum.

Get back to me when you can understand what people write.

I am asking you. Then what is your premise?

If you don’t like your Congresspersons then vote them out. Easy peasy

I don’t know him personally but I’m gonna say no and if the Dems go trough with impeachment he will show up because that’s his job and not because he is willing to become “Pelosi’s tool”

I guess the left will have to figure out another outlet for their Trump hate? Or simply move on?

Where else do you hold the belief than an authoritarian few should tell an entire nation who they can and cannot vote for in the future? Who do you think told Nancy Pelosi to move on this?

1 Like

He’s required to by the constitution. Of course he will.

:man_facepalming:
Nobody is doing that

Who says it’s his job? There is a real questions as to whether or not there is a constitutional basis for this.

1 Like

One day we will find some “Constitution Defenders” that actually know what’s in the Constitution.

I wonder when that will be…:sunglasses:

3 Likes

That is a very Pollyanna view of the Founding Fathers.

But what I do think about them is that they would not have taken too kindly to a President trying to cling on to power so much that a mob of his supporters would storm the Capitol and trash the place while some yelled to hang the Vice President while a gallows was set up nearby.

I don’t think that they would be mealy mouthed in their response to that.

The impeachment? No there isnt

Looking forward to you showing it is in his job description to preside over the impeachment trials of former Presidents, we know it’s not in the constitution.

Tomorrow at noon. Spread the word.
:sunglasses:

Exactly. Or do a constitutional amendment.

Easy easy.

Allan